Audio/video goals for 2022?

wuzzzer

Kind of weird how things change. I moved to a new office, so my goals from last year changed moving things to this year. I should be working on my SP12 tube pre amp, but I felt a Grateful Dead listening session was in order. I have an ACA kit scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I'll pair those two with my Heresys in my office. After that and if time permits, truly going to give a stab at the room acoustic in the basement. Actually going to try and finish the basement completely with finished bar and wood trim.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I am happy with the two systems I have now, so my 2 channel system and my 5.1.2 system will remain unchanged.

So, I guess it is finally time to start selling off all of the extra audio equipment I've accumulated since about 1975!!!!! 😮😂

We're rebuilding our house after a fire last summer and plan to move back in mid-March. It's been years since I tried to do anything serious with two-channel and this is my opportunity. I've already purchased the Forte llls and a Bluesound Node, and have been encouraged to try my hand at building a TPA3255 Class D amp. If that works well, I might consider an ACA kit (or two). I will probably need to stop there for 2022. My wife is reasonably encouraging of my hobby, but I don't want to push it too much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CWelsh said:

I love mine and definitely encourage it.

Nice to hear, a friend suggested it may be what I am after so I have been looking into them.The reviews sound very good. Not insanely expensive either. Was it a pretty seamless addition for you?

6 hours ago, YK Thom said:

Nice to hear, a friend suggested it may be what I am after so I have been looking into them.The reviews sound very good. Not insanely expensive either. Was it a pretty seamless addition for you?

It was very easy to set up and get started with it. I'm pretty sure I haven't tapped the full functionality, but I use it for both music and TV (via HDMI ARC). Currently, I'm only using Amazon Music Unlimited as a subscribed service. TuneIn and Radio Paradise are services included with the Node as well. TuneIn gives access to broadcast radio, apparently from around the world. I've used that to listen to a favorite Sunday morning program out of Chicago. I've just started exploring Radio Paradise. One cool thing there is they offer music in either CD quality or MQA. The MQA sounds amazing!

You mentioned getting the Node 2. Mine is the gen 3 version. Not sure what the difference is, or if there is a difference.

• Like 1

Will be looking at the Phenolic Diaphragms on my LaScalas and Heresys

First questions:

does phenolic dry out

how different does titanium sound ?

Do the Magnets need to be re-magnatized .....

Lots of gear to recap

Summer I hate to be indoors

Winter hate to inhale flux ......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CWelsh said:

We're rebuilding our house after a fire last summer and plan to move back in mid-March. It's been years since I tried to do anything serious with two-channel and this is my opportunity. I've already purchased the Forte llls and a Bluesound Node, and have been encouraged to try my hand at building a TPA3255 Class D amp. If that works well, I might consider an ACA kit (or two). I will probably need to stop there for 2022. My wife is reasonably encouraging of my hobby, but I don't want to push it too much.

I think it was on here

Two new LaScala owners were concerned about their wives reaction to a pair of LaScalas

turns out the wives played them all day long while they were at the office

My daughter wants a pair at some point

she grew up with them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Audio Goal(s):

-To actually fire up my systems and listen.  (It's been months)

There has to be some kind of punishment for this gross neglect!!

Thanks

JJ

I know what you mean.  When I got my new subwoofers a few months ago I sat down and listened, really listened, to a lot of music that I've heard a million times before.  It's nice to do that once in a while.