best Cables ??

the real Duke Spinner

Hmm, I've heard of this one they called Duke Spinner.  If serves correctly, he was around when I joined in 09', but left shortly.  Wow, that's been over 10 years ago. 

18 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

spambot resurrected a thread from 2003 with ALK and Mobilehomless.

Do you recall him having Decorator Hersey's in a wormy maple? 

There was weird trend of old threads resurrected, did we  confirm that they were spambots? 

On 1/2/2022 at 6:09 PM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Are

Bwaaahaha 

Hi there Klipschites. 😀

These are really nice ones....  

If you're willing to live with a little less fidelity, you can go with the "Full Range" option and save around $16.5k

https://www.psaudio.com/products/pauls-reference-dragon-zero-speaker-cable/?gc_id=6469190841&h_ad_id=379962002052&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_c-OBhDFARIsAIFg3ex6VAiPbofm3MYFh979ENEEjqJlfhdDCYRxQbO6aj2CKuWHHAF1paMaAvtPEALw_wcB

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

These are really nice ones....  

If you're willing to live with a little less fidelity, you can go with the "Full Range" option and save around $16.5k

https://www.psaudio.com/products/pauls-reference-dragon-zero-speaker-cable/?gc_id=6469190841&h_ad_id=379962002052&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_c-OBhDFARIsAIFg3ex6VAiPbofm3MYFh979ENEEjqJlfhdDCYRxQbO6aj2CKuWHHAF1paMaAvtPEALw_wcB

Damn what a deal at only $21k a pair! Who the hell buys stuff like this? I wonder how many they sell? 

On 1/4/2022 at 10:15 AM, jjptkd said:

Damn what a deal at only $21k a pair! Who the hell buys stuff like this? I wonder how many they sell? 

I hope I'm not too late, but that remarkable deal applies only for the 6ft version.  If you have an extra $12,800 you can go all the way to 10ft with virtually no loss in quality. The cable is performance rated all the way to 11.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I hope I'm not too late, but that remarkable deal applies only for the 6ft version.  If you have an extra $12,800 you can go all the way to 10ft with virtually no loss in quality. The cable is performance rated all the way to 11.

11 feet?  Aww.  I need 15 feet.

Anyway, Paul's Infinity IRS V speakers are worth something over $70,000, and even after that he had to rebuild them, and supply new amplifiers for the bass section.  Once you've spent that much and more on a pair of speakers (that are actually four 7 or 8 feet tall towers, two bass and two treble), maybe crazy-priced cable starts to make sense.

Speaking of AudioQuest speaker cables, what do you or anyone think of their 72V "Dialectric Bias Current" feature?

42 minutes ago, Islander said:

11 feet?  Aww.  I need 15 feet.

Anyway, Paul's Infinity IRS V speakers are worth something over $70,000, and even after that he had to rebuild them, and supply new amplifiers for the bass section.  Once you've spent that much and more on a pair of speakers (that are actually four 7 or 8 feet tall towers, two bass and two treble), maybe crazy-priced cable starts to make sense.

Speaking of AudioQuest speaker cables, what do you or anyone think of their 72V "Dialectric Bias Current" feature?

I imagine if you have to color match the cables that would be another $20,000.00

JJK

On 1/4/2022 at 9:45 AM, The Dude said:

Hmm, I've heard of this one they called Duke Spinner.  If serves correctly, he was around when I joined in 09', but left shortly.  Wow, that's been over 10 years ago. 

Do you recall him having Decorator Hersey's in a wormy maple? 

There was weird trend of old threads resurrected, did we  confirm that they were spambots? 

Did you perhaps, chase him away 10 years ago, were you using deodorant back then?  :ph34r:

This appears to be a newly created thread so wouldn't that mean it can't be a resurection thread?!

Today isn't April 1st, Oh my, where IS Mr. Watson?  

Welcome back Mr. Duke, if this is you, or would I properly say Mr.  Spinner, Sir?.  (opening a can of worms to ask....  could someone be playing a joke?)  If this IS the real Mr. Spinner Sir, we ought to simply ban him for disappearing and leaving no trace.  Forcing us to presume that he was person napped by a bunch of scantily clad polynesian blonds with blue eyes whilest being held on a deserted island as their only male to do with as they please.

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Did you perhaps, chase him away 10 years ago, were you using deodorant back then?  :ph34r:

Its possible and for the record, I didn't wear deodorant as it was believed that if you shaved your arm pits there was no need for it.  Are you telling me this isn't the case? 

55 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its possible and for the record, I didn't wear deodorant as it was believed that if you shaved your arm pits there was no need for it.  Are you telling me this isn't the case? 

Oh, not at all.....it IS the case and totally true, and now we know why you are a Klipsch fan.....  the above caused you to never have a girlfriend, wife nor friends so you just have your speakers to share the....ummm.... aroma....  with.

Guess that means no Polynesian blonds with blue eyes for you.  Me being the good guy I am will however, stand in for you.  Just don't tell the wife which island we're on.

• Haha 1