SB1 vs SB2?

Hoju

hi im planning to go to the wiz to get some klipsch bookshelf speakers. I was going to buy the SB2's but the salesman told me that they are discontinued. Im pretty much stuck with the SB1's unless i order online to get the SB2. Is there a big difference in sound quality between the two? i have heard that the SB1 uses cheap tweeters compared to the more expensive synergy bookshelfs. I have a fairly small living room so i dont really need alot of power.

As Hofy said the SB2 uses a better quality tweeter and this ishould be the deciding factor.Even if the SB1 can play plenty loud in a small room I would go with the SB2's.SB2's do not really need any sub if placed closer to the back wall and positioned well,GET SB2's.

Happy Holidays to all Klipschers

To all B0$e owners...SHAME ON YOU,you are the great EVIL

UPDATE: i went to the wiz today to audition klipsch. The SF2's sounded great to me, but they cost $600!!. Since they had no SB2 in stock, i will most likely buy the SB3. One question, if i mount the sb3 against the wall would it mess up the midrange? i wouldnt really mind for alot of bass out of it, but i just hope the sound quality doesnt suffer.

Ah, yes, The Wiz... Only at The Wiz will you get the sublime pleasure of listening to two of the sales staff loudly discussing how one met some chick and effed her all night the previous evening.

Well, at least that was the discussion I was blessed to overhear only a week ago when I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping with my dad. I am certain the other customers were equally impressed by the discussion these two troglodytes were having, as they could hardly avoid it without leaving that section of the store.

Gosh, how I do LOVE The Wiz, and not just because of that... I was also very pleased to learn from yet another salesman that my Denon 3802 is essentially worthless because it is being replaced by a newer model. From the scowl of disapproval the salesman gave about my Synergy speakers, I then also realized that the thousands of dollars spent on my HT system were essentially flushed down the toilet.

Shoulda gotten Bose I guess. :)

In any case, I haven't heard the SB-1's, but I have the SB-2's and they sound fabulous. They are currently my rear surrounds, having been relegated to that duty by the SF-2's that are my main speakers. I recommend them both very highly.

I am currently using SB-2s in a small room. Just team them up with the rest of the Synergy series for your center and surround speakers. Also, get a very good subwoofer such as a SVC, HSU, or others. A good subwoofer makes a big impact on the home theater experience. You can ask "TheEar" for his recommendations on quality subwoofers. I am very happy with my SB-2s and the Synergy surrounds and center channel speaker.

i have a question. i have a 150 watt 8" subwoofer and i feel that its pretty much gonna be useless cause the sb3's got 8" woofers as well. i will upgrade my sub in the future, but for now should i use the sub that i have or not? the sub's frequency response is 30-200hz. the SB3's go down to 42's right? but if i mount the SB3's against the wall will that be enough bass to turn off my sub?

Just my totally subjective opinion--get the SB2's if you can find them. I auditioned the SB1, 2, and 3's side-by-side for quite a while before deciding on the SB2's. To me the SB2's sounded considerably better than the SB1's and slightly better than the SB3's. They just seemed to sound "better balanced" than the SB3's, and they certainly sounded as good as the SB3's for a lower price--told you this was a subjective opinion. BTW, I'm using the SB2's as rear speakers with KLF-20 mains and a C7 Center, and I think they keep up exceptionally well, in that useage, considering the price. But ultimately it's what you think that matters.

the wiz will be having a huge speaker sale from january 1-3. all speakers 25% off (except bose). since the wiz don't carry SB2's anymore, i'll have to buy the SB3. i'll end up paying $337 with the discount=). I will most likely buy them on the spot tomorrow. i'll let u guys know how i think about them.

finally got my SB3's and woohoooo they sound really good!. i felt that it was a huge upgrade cause i was using HTIB speakers before. the sounds were nice and full and the brightness wasnt too harsh. i cant imagine how they will sound like once they are broken in.

SB2's discontinued!!! no, i thnink not, gotta love salesstaff trying to add klipsch sales to their klipsch contest before the deadline. have you tried other stores?? or maybe get them to knock off money of the sb3's?? dont get the sb1's, they are great speakers but the sb2's will give you much fuller sound.