Klipsch Heresy HBR

Ricemonkey

1 hour ago, Ricemonkey said:

What do you think? Personally if it isn't it's reeeaaaally close to that condition.

Beautiful ,  I own 2 pairs of Heresy 1 , and they aint going anywhere any time soon

1 hour ago, Ricemonkey said:

Also just wanted to say that I'm very surprised that I'm seeing a lot going for H-i's. Figured that mark-II would have the advantage. Works for me cause the H-i is closer to me.

the Heresy 1 are going up in price , cause they are made of WOOD versus the cheap MDF  , it's really well quality built -

13 minutes ago, RandyH said:

the Heresy 1 are going up in price , cause they are made of WOOD versus the cheap MDF  , it's really well quality built -

If that's the case I can definitely see the favoritism! Plus I heard it's very doable to switch out the stuff inside the H1 for better audio components because of how it's built? Is that true?

I sold my H1's for $1,300, however, I refinished them along with new drivers.  The owner sends me messages every now and again about how much he loves them.  I loved them as well, but I didn't really have space for them with a set of LaScala's already in place.  I really do prefer the plywood over MDF.

Just now, Ricemonkey said:

If that's the case I can definitely see the favoritism! Plus I heard it's very doable to switch out the stuff inside the H1 for better audio components because of how it's built? Is that true?

yes it is true , but you already have very good components in the 85 Heresy

-the 1985 Heresy have the K77 square magnet , the K52-K53 midrange   ( same as the Heresy 2 )  and the K22 or the K24 woofer ( same as the Heresy 2) , the K701 midrange plastic horn ( same as the Heresy 1-2-3-4 ) , and finally  the E2 network - so a great sounding speaker with no need to add better audio components , you should be all set , as it is ............and the condition looks pristine ( someone stained the speakers darker as these were raw unstained birch finish )

my 77 and 78 Heresy speakers have had 0 modifications , basically time capsules-

• Like 1