Klipsch Heresy HBR

Ricemonkey

3 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

I sold my H1's for $1,300, however, I refinished them along with new drivers.  The owner sends me messages every now and again about how much he loves them.  I loved them as well, but I didn't really have space for them with a set of LaScala's already in place.  I really do prefer the plywood over MDF.

Jason , these were the speakers you rebuilt from top to bottom ?   now, they were some of the nicest H1 ,  new everything , veneer, fabric , drivers , insulation-  Dang

17 minutes ago, Ricemonkey said:

If that's the case I can definitely see the favoritism! Plus I heard it's very doable to switch out the stuff inside the H1 for better audio components because of how it's built? Is that true?

The Heresy 1 used the Klipschorn tweeter and squawker driver . I’d leave them intact , besides they sound fantastic.🤓

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Jason , these were the speakers you rebuilt from top to bottom ?   now, they were some of the nicest H1 ,  new everything , veneer, fabric , drivers , insulation-  Dang

Yep, that'd be them.  I struggled with the decision to sell, but ultimately, I didn't have a place for them.  They went to a good home though and he was amazed at the sound, having never heard any Heritage stuff.  

We are moving this year, so we'll see how that plays out.  I'll pick a house around the La Scalas.  😛  We won't be too far from where they were made in the first place!

I just want to thank everyone for educating and helping me in this thread. By popular demand I will for sure get the Heresy HBR 1985. This will be a gift in the future to someone dear to me, but considering the high praise I've been getting for these bad bois I will give these a listen for myself in the next month. Worst case scenario I might keep the Heresies and gift my other speakers🤣

• Like 2