Should there be a poll in the Garage Section?

Zen Traveler

Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Poll in the Garage Section?

• Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, DCaIrvine said:

Well I guess I’m the only one that will say what they want to say.
Others can just sit there.
I’m done with this tread now. Because I don’t see any point anymore.
Nothing will change. And we will not be able to comment on any post.
So next time there is a junk item. I’m going to comment on it. And say.
Wow that’s amazing, looks great. And wow what a great price it is. Knowing that it’s a complete lie. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you expect nothing there will be no disappointments.

2 hours ago, DCaIrvine said:

should be YES to all 

say what you want. Again if you don’t like it, or disagree. Speak up or move along. 

I disagree.  Some folks, maybe even on this forum, have it out for others, and will try to sabotage the sale.  Even when it is completely legit.

I know, I have had that attempted on one of my items for sale a few years back.

Bill

• Like 4

3 hours ago, willland said:

How about this.

No negative comments allowed.(PM only if you must do so.)

No questions/comments about price(PM only if you must)

Yes words to encourage and or help facilitate the sale.

Yes questions about condition, upgrades, shipping, and what all is included in sale if not stated.

Bill

Absolutely agreed.  No one wants or needs negative input for a sale.   It's called respect.   One isn't a hired advocate for who should buy what. Market and availability will dictate a price.   The internet and Google are there and free to search.  

• Like 3

Let's give a different example.  You are selling a $70K BMW, in the middle of the sale as the buyer is writing you a check, I stop the buyer and tell him or her that the price is too high and this model has problems with X Y Z and they should turn around and run.   Any problem with this?   As per above posts, it would seem not.... Me?   I'd be pissed. 

Over the years, I've owned three Jaguars and now drive a Land Rover. For many, I'm an idiot because everyone "knows" they are oil-leaking pieces of junk that spend more time in the shop than they do on the road. The fact that this has not been my experience at all not withstanding, those beliefs are considered by many to be absolute truth and there are those who want to make sure others know that truth.

I, for one, don't feel it is my place to correct anyone's thinking. There are, of course, exceptions (i.e. someone pointing a gun at their own head in the belief that .45 slug won't hurt them). I may offer an opinion or engage them in dialog, but I try to keep in mind that my obviously superior knowledge on any and every matter could be wrong. Unless the subject is bourbon. Anyone who doesn't agree that Wild Turkey 101 is the best bang for the buck just doesn't have their head on straight.  🥳

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

Over the years, I've owned three Jaguars and now drive a Land Rover. For many, I'm an idiot because everyone "knows" they are oil-leaking pieces of junk that spend more time in the shop than they do on the road. The fact that this has not been my experience at all not withstanding, those beliefs are considered by many to be absolute truth and there are those who want to make sure others know that truth.

I, for one, don't feel it is my place to correct anyone's thinking. There are, of course, exceptions (i.e. someone pointing a gun at their own head in the belief that .45 slug won't hurt them). I may offer an opinion or engage them in dialog, but I try to keep in mind that my obviously superior knowledge on any and every matter could be wrong. Unless the subject is bourbon. Anyone who doesn't agree that Wild Turkey 101 is the best bang for the buck just doesn't have their head on straight.  🥳

I remember those, the shop squeaky clean used giant sized maxi pads to collect the leaking oil so nobody slipped in it after the customer pulled in.

Just now, jason str said:

I remember those, the shop squeaky clean used giant sized maxi pads to collect the leaking oil so nobody slipped in it after the customer pulled in.

None of my English cars have ever leaked oil. Not even my 79 Jag. My BMW, on the other had, has a leaky oil pan gasket that the mechanic says will cost about $2,600 to repair because he has to drop the entire front-end assembly to access it. Supposedly, a common problem on the 3.0 engine. I lose maybe 1 quart between oil changes, so I figure I can buy a lot of oil for the cost of the repair. UGH!

1 hour ago, CWelsh said:

None of my English cars have ever leaked oil. Not even my 79 Jag. My BMW, on the other had, has a leaky oil pan gasket that the mechanic says will cost about $2,600 to repair because he has to drop the entire front-end assembly to access it. Supposedly, a common problem on the 3.0 engine. I lose maybe 1 quart between oil changes, so I figure I can buy a lot of oil for the cost of the repair. UGH!

How is this part of this topic? I guess it goes with the say anything anywhere anytime theme? Your choice?

OK then. Lets use the opportunity to learn something about Forum etiquette on the Garage Thread. Here we go. Derail.

giphy.gif

I used this to great success on 6 different vehicles. Stopped 99% of the leak. Never paid for a repair after. Lost one vehicle afterward though, due to dry cracked seals opening up wide after use, cost of repair greater than vehicle value. The key is to use this product while your seals and gaskets are still flexible, and definitely do not use when they are like burnt toast and your oil is spraying everywhere.

12059514_brl_1334_pri_larg.jpg

There, I just saved you about $2600 on repairs. You can thank me by clicking here >

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I also believe there is nothing wrong with Speaker/Equipment flipping. It's my choice whether to give someone a good deal or make a profit on the sale.

I was once invited into a home to purchase a pair of speakers. I discovered this home was literally hoarded with the most amazing collection of equipment and speakers I had ever seen. The collection was spilling over into garages, attics, into house next door, stacked to the ceiling, goat paths between speakers that obviously had been used on large venue stages, amps that took two people to lift, stuff you could not touch. Just because I was there to buy one item did not entitle or privilege me to purchase anything more than I was invited there to purchase. I could only inquire, but only to a point, or be subject to my own likely dismissal. $$$ did not move the needle either. I know other places I would love to be invited into to even have a chance at making a purchase therein, but they won't even answer the call! Seller holds the item, buyer holds the cash. Buyer and seller can both decide independently who to do interact with, or not interact with. It's a hobby, not a business.

So only to add to your comment, I might suggest some may want to add this...

Either side has the right to walk away from any sale, or lack thereof,  for any reason.

4 hours ago, CWelsh said:

Unless the subject is bourbon. Anyone who doesn't agree that Wild Turkey 101 is the best bang for the buck just doesn't have their head on straight.  

My vote would be Evan Williams bottled in bond.  Cheaper and better.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My vote would be Evan Williams bottled in bond.  Cheaper and better.

You know what...for bang for the buck I have to backtrack and agree with you. I like the taste of Wild Turkey a little better, but only a little. I think the Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond is fantastic...especially for the price.

Per the OP:

21 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Please feel free to do so, but I started this thread tongue-in-cheek with so many folks opining others to start a poll. :) Fwiw, there is alot of places on the internet to sell your stuff but wish they would bring back the BS Forum because THAT was a unique place on the internet and it worked out great for 15 years until the end of 2016. 

So, I'm playing along. 🥳

Question on the poll of polls...need more of your input. Please respond in kind...

What are the rules of engagement when it comes to equal opportunity? In your own opinions, is there such a thing? 

Within the Garage Sale Thread, is there a

Right Of...

First contact?

First offer?

First negotiation?

First refusal?

If so how do they apply to both the buyer and seller?

If so, should it be written into the TOS on Garage?

Thankfully we have a lawyer moderating who can help with the wording, for those of you who are in support of such a thing. If you are against such things, please say so. I yield the floor.