Should there be a poll in the Garage Section?

Zen Traveler

Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Poll in the Garage Section?

• Yes
    • No

• Moderators
10 hours ago, DCaIrvine said:

314….. this is for you ! 
yep you should be able to say what you want , if you don’t agree with it. So be it. It’s someone’s opinion. On how they see it. And call out anything they see 1. Wrong 2. Price 3. Condition 4. And opinion on Price 

there is nothing wrong with it. 
so to be banned for that is just wrong. 
Example : someone selling a pair of speakers clearly damaged, over priced for a very high amount ! 
you should be able to 

1. Point it out 

2. opinion on what price should be

3. because someone looking at it that does not know. Will now know. And not suckered into something. 
4. Also point out condition. 
per the RULES !!!

• Please keep topics ON-TOPIC, and avoid "thread-crapping". Topics should only be "Garage Sale" ads. Post about other topics in their relevant sub-forums elsewhere on the Klipsch boards

The over/under is 90 days on you [that's a joke]

Let me try again. 

1. There is a Forum rule by the people who own this place, not me, on no thread crapping, including price, your opinion, etc. 

2. You disagree with the rule. It's wrong. Let assume everyone agrees it is wrong. [Which they don't, I don't believe anyone has agreed that people should be able to crap on ads in GS about price, condition, the product, etc., It was the opposite, you should post an ad and the system should be set up that no one can comment at all. But let's just pretend]

3. No. 2 doesn't allow you to violate No. 1. The rules apply to everyone equally. 

You were not suspended for 3 months for your initial comment. You were told in the thread that the comment wasn't allowed and to please don't do it again. You then said that you could do and say as you please. I then told you to stay out of GS for a week or so and to PM me with any questions, where you managed to escalate it to 30 days out of GS, then 30 days out of the Forum, and then 60 days out of the Forum, finally you quit when it hit 90. 

I went back and fixed the ad for that person, removed all of your crap, and created a new thread and pinned it to the top as a learning opportunity for everyone. I think everyone had long forgotten all about it until you brought it back up. You didn't get suspended for no reason, you got suspended because you couldn't follow the rules and you don't know when to shut your mouth (to think before you hit send).

The fact that you think that you were suspended "for no reason" is probably the most worrisome thing of all. You were warned, then warned again, then told to stay out of GS, then you were put out for 30 days, and then 60 days, and then 90 days because apparently you are not wired, or in the frame of mind to be able to say: "I understand the rules say we cannot comment on price/condition/etc. and that if we see a problem we are supposed to PM a moderator, not comment in public forum, but I am strongly opposed to that. I will follow the rule, but I think it is a terrible rule  . . . ." 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, DCaIrvine said:

There you go everyone !!! 
the lawyer has spoken. And he is not telling the truth about any of it. 
should I copy and paste the PM messages DWILAWYER  or what ever his new name is ? Lol 

he got his feeling hurt in a PM 

and thought it was a big boy move to use his so called OP rank and suspend me for 30 because he was hurt I told him what he could do or not do.

then after that. DWI whatever sent me a PM, and I replied back again so he added another 30 days. Woohoo 

so everyone. Yes it was over a comment I made in a tread 

for the MULE KLIPSCH RB-75 Maple. 
I pointed out many things wrong there 

and someone got there feeling hurt. 

So don’t post crap about me ever !!!! 
I’ll repost all the PM messages so everyone can read them. 
I speak my mind and will always do it. 
DROP THE MIC ONCE AGAIN 😎

Please do. In fact, but let me save you the trouble. Let me send them to your boss Angie and see what she thinks of your behaviour out in public. 

Not only that, I have the deleted posts where I told you to stay out of the thread, you failed that. Then I told you to stay out of GS for one week. But nooooo, and then you ended up with 90 days. 

This is the part where you really need to think before you respond. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWelsh said:

You know what...for bang for the buck I have to backtrack and agree with you. I like the taste of Wild Turkey a little better, but only a little. I think the Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond is fantastic...especially for the price.

So is my head on straight?  Lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, I flew to Indianapolis and heard his crossovers in the RF-7 and didn't feel the need to upgrade and he told me that my hearing was probably lacking. 😀 

No you didn’t. You heard my networks in Trey’s LaScalas. I also didn’t say that. You asked about the RF-7 mod, and when I found out you were primarily an HT listener, I told you not to worry about it, since the mod/upgrade was primarily for 2-channel listeners. I was also trying to take orders and you were holding up the line. 

As for the RB-75 mod: pretty expensive. All Auricap, including the 20uF. 

Why does anyone care what someone else is asking for something? It’s no ones business. If it’s too high, it will either sell or sit. Questions should go to PM. 

I get not agreeing with a moderator, but this is ridiculous. I would have already been banned. 

9 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

No you didn’t. You heard my networks in Trey’s LaScalas. I also didn’t say that. You asked about the RF-7 mod, and when I found out you were primarily an HT listener, I told you not to worry about it, since the mod/upgrade was primarily for 2-channel listeners...

Fwiw you are confusing me with someone else because it was the RF-7, although it may have been Hope instead of Indy. There also was no line but you were getting positive feedback from others.

24 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I get not agreeing with a moderator, but this is ridiculous. I would have already been banned.

Me too. They must be friends.

2 hours ago, RandyH said:

stick around ,never take @Zen Traveler too seriously

Not true. The reason I was invited to spend less time on the forum was because I wanted to engage in serious discussion. Sadly, most of my content is no longer visible.

36 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw you are confusing me with someone else because it was the RF-7, although it may have been Hope instead of Indy. There also was no line but you were getting positive feedback from others.

I did an RF-7 demo in Little Rock, Arkansas at Daddy Dee’s house. I never did anything in Hope except an underground Jubilee get together. You weren’t present at either of those. The only demo I ever did with you around was in Indy. 

I was joking about the line.:-)

Here is the list of those at the Arkansas get-together:

Folks in the group picture:

First row: Lee Clinton (on one knee)

Second Row: (left to right) Tony Reed, Bob Crites, HDBRBuilder Andy Barr, Steve Shofner, Michael Crites, Colin, (need name)* DeanG, Debbie Wescott.

Third Row: Dee Edwards, Khorn Kerry.

*this young man brought a very nice pair of RF-7's which were upgraded on the spot with DeanG crossovers.

47 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I stand corrected.

On 11/21/2005 at 12:02 AM, Crankysoldermeister said:

"I probably wouldn't appreciate his crossovers."

I must have placed you into the half deaf category.:) Seriously though, that's not what I said. From what I do remember about that conversation you told me you primarily use the system for movies -- and you were fairly insistant that you liked them just the way they are. The upgrade/mod provides the most benefit for those who primarily use their systems for music, and feel that the top end of that speaker is a bit strident/overbearing and dominates in such a way that the midrange is left behind. Though I'm sure I give the impression that the mod is the only way to go -- I really don't like talking someone into making the change if they're content with the sound they're getting. If you are interested, and after things slow down a bit -- I would be willing to lend you a set to see what you think.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I did an RF-7 demo in Little Rock, Arkansas at Daddy Dee’s house. I never did anything in Hope except an underground Jubilee get together. You weren’t present at either of those. The only demo I ever did with you around was in Indy. 

I was joking about the line.:-)

Here is the list of those at the Arkansas get-together:

Folks in the group picture:

First row: Lee Clinton (on one knee)

Second Row: (left to right) Tony Reed, Bob Crites, HDBRBuilder Andy Barr, Steve Shofner, Michael Crites, Colin, (need name)* DeanG, Debbie Wescott.

Third Row: Dee Edwards, Khorn Kerry.

*this young man brought a very nice pair of RF-7's which were upgraded on the spot with DeanG crossovers.

I can vouch, he brings his own pillow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Me too. They must be friends.

Not true. The reason I was invited to spend less time on the forum was because I wanted to engage in serious discussion. Sadly, most of my content is no longer visible.

That is the last comment you will make about your content no longer being visible, the BS section, or anything related to it, or even, "sadly I'm not allowed to comment on that section." Five people were put on moderated posts because of a lot of crap, one of the conditions was for coming back in was they knock off talking about that discontinued section.  I will send you the rules in a PM, every other post, blah, blah, blah. Get over it seriously. 

1 minute ago, Travis In Austin said:

That is the last comment you will make about your content no longer being visible, the BS section, or anything related to it, or even, "sadly I'm not allowed to comment on that section." Five people were put on moderated posts because of a lot of crap, one of the conditions was for coming back in was they knock off talking about that. I will send you the rules in a PM, every over posts, blah, blah, blah. Get over it seriously. 

This will be my last post on the Klipsch Forum. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

What are you referring to? What did I miss?

The way DCaIrvine was talking to you. 

Or maybe I missed something, because I jumped in late, and I’m lacking context. The quote feature also doesn’t always work the way we think it should. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who’s quoting who. I really do miss the good old days where you absolutely knew who you were supposed to be mad at. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

The way DCaIrvine was talking to you. 

Well do you see him anywhere? I deleted every thread he started, evey post he made (that takes two clicks by the way).

Maybe we should start a poll to bring him back, and more like him into the Garage Sale Section? Don't answer.

I like the knife website terms, think I'm going to go with that as an interim, with some slight changes. There was something about no links in the knife site, I think the Official Terms here say something about it being ok to link to ebay listings and such.

See, I always value your opinion and judgement. 

• Like 1