The New Ebony Heresy Thread (In Memory of Cal): A LESSON IN GARAGE SALE ETIQUETTE

KlipschKLF

On 9/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, DCaIrvine said:

Well don’t see it selling for $600

since it has been opened up, cross over worked on. Etc 

image.thumb.png.90f349efd36f3b9dbebcdcdb52377978.png

Well…Thanks for your observation/input/opinion!  🙄

[Moderator Comment: This is a learning thread. Had to restart this thread, when original poster went away, it took this thread with it.]

For sale, a hypothetical Heresy Prototype, with all documentation and provenance. Brazilian Rosewood. $600.00 

[Note: This thread was actually created by the Moderator: but it puts posts in chronological order, and so it is starting with this one by another poster. All of the the posts, including this one, were moved from a recent Garage Sale Item Listing. 

What flows is the actual progression of a real listing. You will see comments about the item (starting with this post) the condition, the price.  There was also some valiant attempts to self moderate some of the comments. Unfortunately, it cause the OP's listing to come off the rails. 

There seemed to be a learning opportunity here, along with some very, very good comments, so I am moving them to this thread so the comments are not lost, and the OPs of the listed items can have his listing back, free of the clutter of trying to get some posters in line with what you expect in here.

Feel free to point out what you think are inappropriate  comments, or what is perfectly fair game (I have tried to preserve them order and flow of the comments), and why so that others will know what is expected or acceptable in here.

To me, there appears to be some confusion as what might be perfectly acceptable in the Alerts subsection, is not acceptable or appropriate in the Garage Sale Section

There were 3 or 4 posts of typical GLWS, and then posts by Cal which appear at the top of this post]

• Haha 3

It's #1 and called "Mule" for a reason, this thing has taken a beaten over the years for sure. That's the point though, why else would it be called "Mule" haha. One wouldn't buy this because it's a "Youthman deal". They'd buy it because it's has history and overall cool factor. Just appreciate it for what it is. I don't have the extra funds to spend on something like this, but I get it, whoever does. GLWS.  👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DCaIrvine said:

$600.00 for a pair yes. 
not a Single speaker. Are you joking ? 

so your saying you will buy a pair of 75’s for $1250-1300

This is a prime example of what happens when a forum member(me), does not read the entire original post.:unsure2:  What a dork I am.:wacko2:

Thanks for "kindly" pointing out my obvious glazing over the important details.👍

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, billybob said:

Looks like open season on here.

Had thought the OBO would have worked some.

Oh well...

To be honest all this thread crapping is absolute garbage… No one is making us buy this item we can simply Peru’s the thread and either buy if you would like or simply be quiet…. But pointing out what is wrong with the item and questioning the guys pricing on his thread simply wrong…. It would make more sense to simply pm the guy and make an offer based on what you deem to be a reason for de valuation of the item offered…. 

• Like 4