The New Ebony Heresy Thread (In Memory of Cal): A LESSON IN GARAGE SALE ETIQUETTE

KlipschKLF

15 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

To be honest all this thread crapping is absolute garbage… No one is making us buy this item we can simply Peru’s the thread and either buy if you would like or simply be quiet…. But pointing out what is wrong with the item and questioning the guys pricing on his thread simply wrong…. It would make more sense to simply pm the guy and make an offer based on what you deem to be a reason for de valuation of the item offered…. 

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks for saying out loud what need be said. 

• Like 3

Guess what it comes down to is, if you cannot say something nice. In the TOS, it does mention somewhere about not bashing another's choice of audio equipment.

A little bit vague but, sure I have said something before along the line over time that was questionable.

And now coming down to perception of issue.

If issue it becomes is, garage sale is mostly a hands off over time for other than self moderation.

It has generally been left to members and hope it can remain so.

Have appreciated power to do our own thing here and would like it to remain mostly our members domain.

Now that I have taken a dump on OPs topic. All I got.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Guess what it comes down to is, if you cannot say something nice. In the TOS, it does mention somewhere about not bashing another's choice of audio equipment.

A little bit vague but, sure I have said something before along the line over time that was questionable.

And now coming down to perception of issue.

If issue it becomes is, garage sale is mostly a hands off over time for other than self moderation.

It has generally been left to members and hope it can remain so.

Have appreciated power to do our own thing here and would like it to remain mostly our members domain.

Now that I have taken a dump on OPs topic. All I got.

I agree Billy and As a a whole I really enjoy this group,  Don’t want to see it turn inTo Facebook lol… I just want to see us treating each other better unless someone needs to be called out For something legitimately shady…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, xo705cf said:

I just want to see us treating each other better unless someone needs to be called out For something legitimately shady…

In all the years here, I have only called out one seller. I did it because he was offering the same speakers on CL for less than he was on this forum.... where people are very helpful.

It has never been cool to carry on like some have in this thread, period. Someone doesn't like the price, then don't buy it. Want to help the seller, PM the fellow member. If the price isn't right, the market will prove it, without belligerent remarks.  

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

In all the years here, I have only called out one seller. I did it because he was offering the same speakers on CL for less than he was on this forum.... where people are very helpful.

It has never been cool to carry on like some have in this thread, period. Someone doesn't like the price, then don't buy it. Want to help the seller, PM the fellow member. If the price isn't right, the market will prove it, without belligerent remarks.  

Boom, could not agree more, as I’m sure you can tell from my earlier post..

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, edzu1234 said:

[Post removed; From terms of service of this section. Please keep topics ON-TOPIC, and avoid "thread-crapping". ]

While maybe not a knucklehead, you are a Bonehead. Stay out of the Garage Sale section for a week, do not post or react to any post in the Garage Sale Section section until after 10/2. Do not post, reply, or react to this thread again, ever.

Knucklehead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 9/23/2021 at 2:06 AM, AndreG. said:

It was the test "Mule", but i guess it´ s not important enough for the museum, right?

It could be, we do like to focus on things that have a direct connection to PWK, and I am surprised about things all the time that I think are not connect, but in actuality, are very much connected.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Well @DCaIrvine so you want to poke the bar (that's how we pronounce bear in Texas). Got notice of your your haha reaction. I said don't post or react in this thread again.

Now you can join Bonehead/Knucklehead, do not post, reply, or react to anything in Garage Sale for a week, until after 10/2. Let's see if you can read and comprehend that. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Terrible show for this forum in this thread.  Had happened to me plenty of times from repeat morons. Sorry op, you perhaps have a great piece of history. Maybe you should keep it unless yo uare hurting for capital... 

Well I certainly wasn't aware of it, and I'm sorry that happened to you as well. There will not be at least two repeat morons going forward. As I said before, I will clean all of this up for the OP, unfortunately a lot of posts will have to go that were trying to be constructive. 

• Like 1

Just now, dwilawyer said:

Well I certainly wasn't aware of it, and I'm sorry that happened to you as well. There will not be at least two repeat morons going forward. As I said before, I will clean all of this up for the OP, unfortunately a lot of posts will have to go that were trying to be constructive. 

Travis, you always do a great job, not poking at you. Just saying, in the light of this forum, poor taste to beat down a seller verbally in his own thread.  Sure, someone wants 5k for a pair of heresies, many might speak out negatively AND publicly.  That wasn't the case here with OBO.  BUY IT OR STFU.  Simple.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Travis, you always do a great job, not poking at you. Just saying, in the light of this forum, poor taste to beat down a seller verbally in his own thread.  Sure, someone wants 5k for a pair of heresies, many might speak out negatively AND publicly.  That wasn't the case here with OBO.  BUY IT OR STFU.  Simple.   

I didn't take it as poking. Agree. with you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1