The New Ebony Heresy Thread (In Memory of Cal): A LESSON IN GARAGE SALE ETIQUETTE

KlipschKLF

I'm tellin' ya'.  Make Garage Sale listings where NO ONE  can comment within the thread and ONLY by PM/DM and you will solve a lot of this BS that goes on.  Not to mention potentially lessen the "professional posters" here that seem to post on every thread to increase their count.

• Like 3

When you authorize 2 garage sale only anonymous mods, one or the other can catch it before it escalates out of hand or, could just try what poster just above said.

Problem with no reply is giving guidance about PMing and other almost inevitable questions.

One may invite trouble when poster is still researching price, etc. Seems more common lately.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I'm tellin' ya'.  Make Garage Sale listings where NO ONE  can comment within the thread and ONLY by PM/DM and you will solve a lot of this BS that goes on.  Not to mention potentially lessen the "professional posters" here that seem to post on every thread to increase their count.

Thank you.  @dwilawyer @Chad

15 minutes ago, billybob said:

Problem with no reply is giving guidance about PMing and other almost inevitable questions.

That's where you separate the adults from the kids and maybe they learn to put on their "big people undies".

1 minute ago, avguytx said:

That's where you separate the adults from the kids and maybe they learn to put on their "big people undies".

Yes guess they could PM answers to questions.

A header reading before you post read this. Know your price Research questions in general information before posting here.

Agree fwiw with no

Comment.

Thanks!

Really don't understand why it's so difficult for people to understand that negative comments regarding pricing or condition are not appropriate, nor welcome.  If you don't like it, or have no intention on purchasing, keep scrolling, pretty simple.

• Klipsch Employees
10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Really don't understand why it's so difficult for people to understand that negative comments regarding pricing or condition are not appropriate, nor welcome.  If you don't like it, or have no intention on purchasing, keep scrolling, pretty simple.

This is good advice for every post……

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:
4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

This good advice for every post……

Every time, sometimes.... maybe.

It's unbelievable that anyone can't post something FS without uncultured comments by ones who should be companions in this hobby.   

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, jimjimbo said:

I agree mostly but as far as "have no intention on purchasing", maybe a few exceptions.

Like:

Encouragement or adding some more detailed info or opinions to help facilitate the sale.

Bill

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
49 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I wouldn't even give people the choice to voice their opinion or vote in a poll.  Grab the bull by the horns and make the change then the problem is fixed.   Some of the stupid banter that goes on is a real waste of time and then people putting some dumb a$$ comment as to why they think said item is too high, or nasty, or whatever.  Take it to PM's and badger each other there.  

The answer to your original question is" Because if it isn't important enough to you guys to get the information for them to make a change, it's not important enough to me. 

I think based on this short exchange that perhaps there is a more fundamental question: Is GS worth keeping around? It sure seems to breed a lot of bad blood. Some of which has spilled over into the main forums. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Which is exactly what the TOS states, yet it is not enforced.

It's not? I put a guy out for 60 days for that, you should of seen the PMs. 

If we know about it then it doesn't happen. As one point in this thread I was being told that you guys self-moderate the Garage Sale section. That was a laugh. 

You don't want the pitch to be "We need to see if we can set up GS so that no comments can be made to original posts because they can't follow the terms of service"

vs

We need to do it because "the overwhelming consensus of Forum members would prefer no comments be allowed to make things run smoother."

It's a subtle but important difference for a myriad of reasons I can't get into.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Why is so difficult to understand that if only the OP post is permitted, then no one would have to "babysit", and solving these issues?

Yes why Jim, why so difficult to understand. Why the personal bullshit? Why is it so hard for you guys to understand?

Trying to get you guys a path to what the collectively "you" want but apparently personal discourse is more important . 

Either a poll gets done or it doesn't, I could care less (it would actually benefit the Museum if GS went away). 

I guess we can go with: If someone wants no comments, mention me in your listing and I will lock it right away. To provide an incentive for people to do this, I will pin your posts to the top for one week so there won't be a bumping issue. 

I will continue to kick people out of GS for a period of time who can't stick with TOS on those who choose to allow comments. 

If someone wants to step up and do a good job on a Poll, I will pin and feature your next for sale, or WTB listing for a period of time. 

• Like 2