The New Ebony Heresy Thread (In Memory of Cal): A LESSON IN GARAGE SALE ETIQUETTE

KlipschKLF

Neutral corners is a good idea.  Been a long time since Duke's been in here I understand so there's that.  Just a heads up before someone locks the thread.  The Mods have enough to do.  Just my thoughts cause I'm in the Roper Doper!  😂  😂

😂   😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

So much for trying to help... no good deed goes unpunished lol.

All I did was politely relay to you what the consensus is about commenting in the Garage Sale section and provided this link.

At no time did I tell you what to think or say, did I? 

Please keep posing, it helps members to get to know you.

Posing. 🤪

Aaaahhh ..gotcha.  🙂

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 1/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, carlthess40 said:

I’ll trade a truck bed full of audio gear for them.

So I moved these from the Central Fla Khorn thread over here so the OP could have his thread back. I'm guessing not a serious offer, but how knows, so hard to complain about this, but there was so much junk afterwards (unrelated to this post) I thought I would just get it out of there. I have had the multiple posts happen to me several times, it just gets hung, I'm assuming that why there were multiple posts on the same thing. Unfortunately, things came off the rails after that.  

• Moderators
On 1/14/2022 at 11:11 PM, the real Duke Spinner said:

Yowser ...$6000 ,???

Maybe I should get mine out of the garage .😛.  

Holy crap ..

Prices have gone crazy in the last 3 years. 🙄

So over the last six months or so it has been clarified, repeatedly, that this sort of comment, is a Forum violation and inappropriate. 

Comments about things being overpriced, that's way to high, oh it's got a scratch, etc., etc. are all off limits. This whole thread, now 9 pages, started when a member commented about pricing in a direct and inappropriate way. I moved those posts into this thread so everyone could learn from it and get more input from the community. 

• Moderators
On 1/14/2022 at 11:15 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

Boo on your comment. Edit it and take it out from a respect standpoint for the OP. 

So @the real Duke Spinner what's happening here is that Westcoast is trying to let you know about the strict, no tolerance commenting on price in garage sale section (as opposed to the alerts section)

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You have a pm

I suspect @the real Duke Spinner knowing Woofers and Tweeters the way I do, that he was also trying to help you, especially based upon your response, put in a private manner. I'm guessing he was letting you know that the moderators had a rash of problems in garage sale section about comments on price and were looking at it closely because of the number of complaints.. He may have also mentioned that we permanently banned someone recently and deleted everyone of his posts because he just couldn't get it. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Thanks for Your kind  PM from the Klisch Thought Police.

I paid $600 for my Heresy Decorators. Revenered in wormy maple

$1600 for my KH

Obviously there seems to he a diffent Market there days

Do not make this into something it's not Mr Anal ..

So here is where you really blew it. 

This was in a member's ad, you $1,600 Khorns, and your maple Decorators. None of that would every belong in a response to a garage sale ad, and what you paid for your speakers for sure has no place in a garage sale ad. 

He was trying to help you, you turned it into something it wasn't. You are getting a big pass because you are recently back in here, but when two people are trying to help you, one who goes to the time to help you privately, and you respond with that, well, suffice to say if that happened going forward it wouldn't be pretty. 

Given that you didn't know the rules on Garage Sale Section it's not going to be a major penalty, just stay out of RickFLA Khorn Thread, don't post or react in there again. In other words stay out of his thread now that I have it all cleaned up. 

Please don't comment in Garage Sale going forward and leave any sort of personal stuff out of Forum. Again, this isn't a big deal, you probably didn't know, now you do. 

Thanks for your assistance.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

What's your Issue ??

Explain it pudley. ..

@RandyH why on earth are you giving "Thank you" reactions and "Likes" to comments like this. That's just baffling. I mean it's not a violation of anything, and you don't need to answer, but just one more thing that makes me wonder.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

So much for trying to help... no good deed goes unpunished lol.

All I did was politely relay to you what the consensus is about commenting in the Garage Sale section and provided this link.

At no time did I tell you what to think or say, did I? 

Please keep posing, it helps members to get to know you.

You are a good egg. That's for trying. 

And you even provided a link to this very thread upon which we find ourselves now. 

This was a very admirable attempt at self moderation, by at least 3 people, and we appreciate it greatly. Sometimes, for a multitude of reasons, it just doesn't work. But Rick has his thread/ad back, and I'm even giving him the option to be the first test case of having a locked, pinned and featured GS thread if he wishes.

The Real Duke Spinner won't be posting again in that thread, and hopefully everyone has had the chance to learn something from this. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, nola said:

Hello Folks:

Westcoastdrums, I need to join your gym !!  Definitely not a 1 person job for me, especially lifting them up 5 stairs. About 50 lbs of uneven weight is my max. Maybe 2-4 person job to make sure things don't get bashed up. As memory serves me, from over 20 yrs ago, I think there are only some metal "dots" underneath, no wheels or anything like that. I do not remember anything that seemed to be a slider device. I think I would need 1/4 - 1/2 inch riser or pads to clear the height of the dots., so as not to destroy the hardwood floor, hence the thought of carpet, or maybe thick felt pads

Posted here as I saw the pic of one ready to be moved. 

Apologies if my q is not appropriate and no intention to hijack thread. Again, apologies.

Thank you

It's ok, not sure if your question got answered or not. If it didn't let me know and I will move your question to the General Question section where you will get a lot more information.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, RandyH said:

too much ,  ok @nola    , just post a new thread on the  Garage sale +  add the location and asking price , 1-2 pictures , that 's it 

You need to do a little better job of ready people's posts and responding to them. You give out a lot of great information, but I have been noticing some answers that do not match up with people's questions. It wastes people's time, causes confusion, and could result in someone getting incorrect information. Please try to take the time to figure out what is being asked. We all misunderstand questions from time to time, it just seems like it is more so recently. 

He was just asking out to move a Khorn, not how to sell them.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Posing. 🤪

Aaaahhh ..gotcha.  🙂

I'm really, really hoping that was a simple misunderstanding that got a little blown up from your side, not understanding that people were really trying to help you, primarily so you could edit your first post on price, before I ran into it. I certainly hope it's not a pattern you fall into when someone tells you something you disagree with. 

I'm optimistic that's it's not, like I said before, I'm going to chalk it up to a recent return, and possibly some cell phone screen limitations, etc.