Center Channel Advice - R-34C to RP-504C

Arbrx

Have a great system (in my mind) - all Klipsch speakers (front floor standing, surrounds all ceiling unfortunately), Pioneer Elite driving a 11.2.4 system.  Love it.  Recently upgraded my LF/RF from my first RF-5’s (almost 20 years old, went to good owner) to two RF-7 III’s.  The RF-7’s are incredible.  Now the R-34C is not as clear as the RF-7’s, sounds good, but I’m curious of everyone’s thoughts.  The R-34C may not be as clear or dynamic as a larger speaker profile, the RC-64 may be too much - what’s another option that may match well?   For those who upgraded from their R-34C to another Klipsch, or those who have the 504 or 450, or RC-64 - what would you do???????

I really don’t need to upgrade the center, but I want to.  Ha!  Any thoughts?  Appreciate everyone’s insight, thanks.

@Arbrx,

Welcome to the forum.

In my opinion, if the RC-64III is not an option for you, then the 504 or 450 will probably work pretty good.  No to the R-34C.

You may consider and older RC-7 as an alternative to the considerably wider RC-64 III.  The RC-7 is chunky but does have that wonderful 1.75" compression driver that should/could match up pretty well with the RF-7 IIIs.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I went and connected my older RC-3 II center channel it seemed to be a better match to the RF-7 III’s.  The R-34C seemed to be dominating even when turned down, the RC-3 II sounds great - you can still hear the RF-7’s, more balanced.  Will keep the RC-3 a bit, see how it works out.  It’s just in my field of view a bit on the bottom of the TV.  Really appreciate everyone’s feedback.