Can I get Forte's sound quality w/ Klipsch monitor speakers?

mjcmt

I have a love hate relationship w/ my Fortes. They sound great...punchy, airy, tight deep bass, and huge soundstage. But are huge for our small place, like 2 additional pieces of furniture. Even the Heresy would be like 2 end tables. I know, big speakers make big room filling sound.

But can the Forte sound be duplicated with any of their monitor/bookshelf speakers?

MT1_5832 (1).jpeg

• Like 2

I have a love hate relationship w/ my Fortes. They sound great...punchy, airy, tight deep bass, and huge soundstage. But are huge for our small place, like 2 additional pieces of furniture. Even the Heresy would be like 2 end tables. I know, big speakers make big room filling sound.
 But can the Forte sound be duplicated with any of their monitor/bookshelf speakers?

1476507388_MT1_5832(1).thumb.jpeg.a00bb08758abc271c6d5a7f8dfd850be.jpeg

The Fortes look right at home. Why are they too big? What would you put there in their place? Heresys have the same footprint with less bass. Smaller monitors would need a sub that would take up more space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

No one has answered my question except one. I suspect the RP-600 is my only option. I'll have to give them a listen if I can.

I have high quality Dynaudio monitors (setting in the corners). You'll also notice the Dynaudios on stands are quite a bit smaller. They are very good but the Fortes do something for me soundwise. I also mentioned I'd gain nothing going to the shorter Heresy. The way it is we move the Fortes in and out of the system because they clutter the room with too much big stuff in our opinion to give use a more spacious view, another reason we didn't go larger than a 55" TV.

The answer is no.  Unless you find a pair of Palladium bookshelf speakers that are 3-way with a midrange horn like your fortes.

Your fortes aren't in the way of anything.  It's not like you need to climb over them to get around your room.  My room looks to be similarly sized and I have 5 Heresys and two subwoofers that are each 3 feet deep, 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide.

• Like 2

No one has answered my question except one. I suspect the RP-600 is my only option. I'll have to give them a listen if I can.
I have high quality Dynaudio monitors (setting in the corners). You'll also notice the Dynaudios on stands are quite a bit smaller. They are very good but the Fortes do something for me soundwise. I also mentioned I'd gain nothing going to the shorter Heresy. The way it is we move the Fortes in and out of the system because they clutter the room with too much big stuff in our opinion to give use a more spacious view, another reason we didn't go larger than a 55" TV.

Your question has been answered. No small monitor is going to give you that Forte sound without a sub which will clutter more. Keep your Fortes. They do not look obtrusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mjcmt said:

You could try a newer tower type speaker like the RF-5, RP-280 or the new RP-8000 dual 8" woofers slightly taller than the forte but half as wide for bookshelf type a pair of the RC-7's are very good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mjcmt said:

MT1_5832 (1).jpeg

This reminds me of the story on how I acquired my Forte's. 

I purchased them used and when I went to pick them up I asked the husband what did you replace the Forte's with?  He hung his head and said in a soft voice "bose, at least that I know that the Forte's are going to a good home".   I then noticed little cube speakers in his room.

He recently moved to a new home and his wife decided that the look of the Forte's won't work in the new home.  Score for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom05 said:

The first wife hated the Klipschorns 🤷,If you care about great sound , bigger is almost always better, otherwise we would be listening to those Bose cubes.   🤓

Yes hate is something alright.

Lol satellite cubes

13 hours ago, mjcmt said:

Did you see this post: 

May be an option???

• Like 2

You’ve gotten some sound advice in this thread. I agree that what you gain by going with monitors is not worth what you’ll lose, at least IMHO.

If you want a more unobstructed view from the window, why not try rearranging the room and place the system on another wall. Just a thought. Or is there an option for a two channel system in another room using the Fortes and leave the tv in that room adding a nice sound bar and small sub in the corner. That’s a win/win for sure.

• Like 1