Can I get Forte's sound quality w/ Klipsch monitor speakers?

mjcmt

Neither set of your current speakers block the windows... The Dynaudio speakers are high quality but you like the Forte.

Β 

For me, the Forte look nicer, like they belong in the room. What do the Dynaudios do for you that the Fortes don't? If the Fortes are better, draw you in to the music more, work for the tv audio, the answer is clear. Sell the Dynaudios and move the Fortes more to the corners.

Β 

Nice, comfy looking room.

I can appreciate the OP's concerns and can see how the Forte's are a little bit out-sized aesthetically for the room.

Β 

I also agree with many of the posts that say anything else would be less than Forte-level sound, which might disappoint the OP.

Β 

But such are the compromises we must make in fitting the equipment into our living spaces. I've been in the same predicament.

Β 

To the OP I suggest moving those tiny monitors to the Forte locations, then buying a subwoofer on the used market. Tuck the sub in the corner where the monitors currently stand watch and see what happens. You could always resell the subwoofer with likely little monetary loss and you will save money by using your bookshelf speakers.

Β 

If you want to stick with the Klipsch "sound" you could get a pair of the highly acclaimed RP-600M monitors, re-use your stands, and buy a Klipsch subwoofer for matchy-matchy.

Β 

I also like the idea earlier suggested of buying one of the Klipsch floorstanders. They were meant for the express purpose of dealing with the aesthetic problem you face; a narrower front gives the illusion of a smaller speaker and while a similar footprint to say, a Forte, takes up less left to right space. Quite frankly, in my personal hindsight I might have gone the Klipsch floorstanding route instead of my journey which lead me from Heresies to Quartets to kg 4.2's then back to Heresies, and adding a subwoofer, all with the adding expense of buying and selling speakers.

Β 

So by buying some other Klipsch speakers you may be able to retain the KLIPSCH sound via the horn tweeters, but you're not likely to retain the FORTE sound, which goes three-way with a horn midrange.

Β 

Yes, you may have to give up some of that glorious Forte sound, but we all (er, most of us anyway!) must make compromises.

Β 

Let the forum know what you eventually choose to do!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mjcmt said:

I have a love hate relationship w/ my Fortes. They sound great...punchy, airy, tight deep bass, and huge soundstage. But are huge for our small place, like 2 additional pieces of furniture. Even the Heresy would be like 2 end tables. I know, big speakers make big room filling sound.

Β But can the Forte sound be duplicated with any of their monitor/bookshelf speakers?

Β 

MT1_5832 (1).jpeg

Β 

I don’t get your issue. They look nice in that room. Skinny monitors are a modern hifi trend and they’ll never replicate the live sound of those classic Forte’s IMO. I would never compromise sound based on this photo. That room looks perfect.

• Like 3

To throw out an idea of something totally different...that is space friendly. Spend 15 minutes looking into Dutch & Dutch C8. Available in multiple finishes. Active, smallish, room correction, DSP. I think I'm heading down this road in my next space.Β 

Β 

31 minutes ago, Buddy Shagmore said:

I think sometimes the wives are the ones complaining about speakers being too large. And sadly, a lot of husbands cave in. Only the strong will survive.

Yep , When I was a little kid my dad had a nice set of Bozak’s , mom hated them ,dad built a nice piece of furniture to hide them in . Just think if we started complaining about how big their washing machines were .πŸ€“

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom05 said:

Yep , When I was a little kid my dad had a nice set of Bozak’s , mom hated them ,dad built a nice piece of furniture to hide them in . Just think if we started complaining about how big their washing machines were .πŸ€“

Β 
I’d like to be a fly on the wall when you tell the wife it’s β€œher” washing machine. 🀭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is this drama scene saw over at CC&C abit back that is too funny.

Man speaking to his wife in closeup... Wife- Honey it is me or your music system or I'm leaving you.

Husband- Alright dear, I'll help you with your luggage after this record stops spinning.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

There is this drama scene saw over at CC&C abit back that is too funny.

Man speaking to his wife in closeup... Wife- Honey it is me or your music system or I'm leaving you.

Husband- Alright dear, I'll help you with your luggage after this record stops spinning.

πŸ‘good one

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, mjcmt said:

No one has answered my question except one. I suspect the RP-600 is my only option. I'll have to give them a listen if I can.

I have high quality Dynaudio monitors (setting in the corners). You'll also notice the Dynaudios on stands are quite a bit smaller. They are very good but the Fortes do something for me soundwise.Β I also mentioned I'd gain nothing going to the shorter Heresy.Β The way it is we move the Fortes in and out of the system because they clutter the room with too much big stuff in our opinion to give use a more spacious view, another reason we didn't go larger than a 55" TV.

Probably a good way to go. Will they sound like the Fortes? No they will not, but a pair on nice stands with a small sub will sound very good in a room this size. I used to run a pair of their predecessors (RB61 IIs as my mains) on nice metal stands. Visually they open up the room, and if you spend a little time noodling with the sub settings they will sound like floor standers.

Β 

• Like 1

DR, TL,

Can I get Forte's sound quality w/ Klipsch monitor speakers?

Β 

OP. NO. The entire universe we live in functions on the exact same principals of physics, no matter what anyone else tells you. Did someone tell you they make some speakers the size of refrigerators because of their cool factor? Oh, here get this matchbook size speaker instead, but I'm still worried your neighbors will call the cops when you play it all the way up. Buy what ever you like the sound of, fits your ideal space + budget.

Most of the responses on this topic are cracking me up!

Β 

...there was a thread just this week on CAM (CanuckAudioMart) asking if anyone else had any issues with their significant others allowing their audio systems in the living room, itΒ brought back fond memories of all my exes.Β 

Β 

• Like 2