Can I get Forte's sound quality w/ Klipsch monitor speakers?

mjcmt

43 minutes ago, Southern said:

I have both the Forte's and RF-7's and the RF-7's are not considered wife friendly.

IMG_1420.JPG

The RF 7's do stand taller, but they are slimmer.😀 Which versions of each do you have and will the RF 7's give the OP what he seeks?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shiva said:

The RF 7's do stand taller, but they are slimmer.😀 Which versions of each do you have and will the RF 7's give the OP what he seeks?  

I have the original versions (1's) of both.  The RF7's are taller and slimmer but also deeper and more efficient.

Anyone who likes the sound of the Forte's will also like the sound of the RF7's even though the RF7's are a 2-way speaker.

Since the OP was asking for suggestions on monitor speakers, I don't think the RF7's fit the bill.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

depends on your wife...

I brought home a pair of bumpy black LS... My wife loves them. She particularly likes the looks/design.Yes, they do reside in the living room.... and are quite prominent

"and they are quite prominent" - Translation, "My living room is not a warehouse."

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

depends on your wife...

I brought home a pair of bumpy black LS... My wife loves them. She particularly likes the looks/design.Yes, they do reside in the living room.... and are quite prominent

you got a cool Wife , heck  @dtel   has  Huge Pro Speakers in the House

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

depends on your wife...

I’ll bet they look great… And sound even better.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, mjcmt said:

No one has answered my question except one. I suspect the RP-600 is my only option. I'll have to give them a listen if I can.

I have high quality Dynaudio monitors (setting in the corners). You'll also notice the Dynaudios on stands are quite a bit smaller. They are very good but the Fortes do something for me soundwise. I also mentioned I'd gain nothing going to the shorter Heresy. The way it is we move the Fortes in and out of the system because they clutter the room with too much big stuff in our opinion to give use a more spacious view, another reason we didn't go larger than a 55" TV.

You want Sound, or just the "empty room" look

Wifey involved in this ?); 💨

• Like 1

I have one more thought; have you considered rearranging the room? Placing the TV and speakers on the short wall to the right? My concern is that you will end up regretting getting rid of the Fortes down the road. Truth be told, they look very nice with your hardwood flooring. Far nicer than black speakers ever will.

2 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

You want Sound, or just the "empty room" look

Wifey involved in this ?); 💨

Wife and I talk all the time. Neither of us like clutter. And no we don't want 5 speakers and sub.

9 hours ago, YK Thom said:

Probably a good way to go. Will they sound like the Fortes? No they will not, but a pair on nice stands with a small sub will sound very good in a room this size. I used to run a pair of their predecessors (RB61 IIs as my mains) on nice metal stands. Visually they open up the room, and if you spend a little time noodling with the sub settings they will sound like floor standers.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into them. I have nice Target Audio sand filled, welded steel, spiked stands.

• Like 1

So... I had the speakers in the pic below... the wife never complained about them. However, they've been replaced with a pair of Heresy IIs. They are really nice, but there is no comparison to the previous speakers. I'm headed for something larger again, but not as big as the MWM bass cabinets.

496609115_20200123_2245162.thumb.jpg.7ac523ab19dd6e733cf1ebdf025dc12b.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, YK Thom said:

I have one more thought; have you considered rearranging the room? Placing the TV and speakers on the short wall to the right? My concern is that you will end up regretting getting rid of the Fortes down the road. Truth be told, they look very nice with your hardwood flooring. Far nicer than black speakers ever will.

You can't tell but system is set up on the short wall. We live in a townhome and behind the sofa is the dining area and behind that is the kitchen. It is set up this way so my lovely wife can watch tv while in the kitchen. It our only option. The Forte's have a room filling sound which we like but make our TH look a little too filled w/ stuff vs. monitors on stands. Everything has trade offs so we go back and forth between Fortes and Dynaudio monitors. It seems like most guys don't think they look out of place. Thanks.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

A DiversaBit might come in handy for this

Thanks, I’ve got some long bits and fiberglass fish rods in my kit at work.

However, there doesn’t appear to be any blocking inside the wall.

Actually, there are barely any studs on that side of the room as it used to be a larger opening into the old kitchen layout.

When the house was remodeled at some point they just put up the Masonite wallboard and called it good enough.

Thats why the TV mount is hung on that 2x6 you see sticking out on the right side. 
There were no studs inside that section of the wall for the mount.