RB 75

blueyeleon

I wonder if anyone that's heard them could explain why the Klipsch RB 75 is so sought after. I get that it's the biggest woofer ever put in a Klipsch bookshelf speaker. Is it superior in sound quality to say the Klipsch RF 3's or RF 5's? Placement advantages, footprint? Just wondering..........thanks!

@blueyeleon,

13 hours ago, blueyeleon said:

I wonder if anyone that's heard them could explain why the Klipsch RB 75 is so sought after.

As a long time wisher of cherry RB-75s and now owner for the last 6.5 years, I can without question sing their praises.  They are beasts(for "bookshelf" speakers).  They are essentially "mini" RF7/RF-5 hybrids.  Clarity and detail and punch are their fortes, pardon the pun.  I could easily "replace" my RF-63s(which I will not) with the 75s and not miss a beat.

Even More Amazed With RB-75's - 2-Channel Home Audio - The Klipsch Audio  Community

Placement advantages, footprint?

Can't really claim they have placement advantages over say the RF-5s due to pretty hefty stands requirement.

RF-7 III natural cherry color - General Klipsch Info - The Klipsch Audio  Community

Bill

• Like 3

I wonder if anyone that's heard them could explain why the Klipsch RB 75 is so sought after. I get that it's the biggest woofer ever put in a Klipsch bookshelf speaker. Is it superior in sound quality to say the Klipsch RF 3's or RF 5's? Placement advantages, footprint? Just wondering..........thanks!

They are great bookshelf speakers and are voice-matched to the RF-7's but personally I think they are a bit over-hyped and they really need a sub to sound "full" in my experiences. RF-5's or a pair of RC-7's are both better IMO RF-3's can sound pretty good with some work but not as desirable overall-- they're a decent budget alternative usually selling at a fraction of the others. 

• Like 3

On 1/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, blueyeleon said:

I get that it's the biggest woofer ever put in a Klipsch bookshelf speaker.

Just to clarify, that is false.  The RB-5, RB-5 II, RB-35, RB-81, and RB-81 II all used 8" woofers - and that's just the Reference lines.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone, I’ve got a chance to pick up a set of these for $250 and, based on the above, it seems like that’s a good deal. I have a pair of Boston A40s that are in my jazz setup and RB-75 set would replace them.  My concern is placement. They will be in a cabinet with no door that is about 36” off the floor. With only 6” of space on each side, will it make sense to use the RB-75s in this spot?

4 hours ago, houseofwarwick said:

Hey everyone, I’ve got a chance to pick up a set of these for $250 and, based on the above, it seems like that’s a good deal. I have a pair of Boston A40s that are in my jazz setup and RB-75 set would replace them.  My concern is placement. They will be in a cabinet with no door that is about 36” off the floor. With only 6” of space on each side, will it make sense to use the RB-75s in this spot?

They’ll work perfect.  They’re easily worth three times that price.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 5:23 AM, Deang said:

That’s the diameter of the voice coil. 

@DeangSo is Klipsch falsely advertising it as a 1.75" Compression Driver for all their other models equipped with their 1.75" Compression Driver like in their RF-7, RF-7 II, RF-7 III, RC-7, RC-64 II, RC-64 III models, is it merely the diameter of the Voice Coil for all these models too?

5 hours ago, Oniiz86 said:

So is Klipsch falsely advertising it as a 1.75" Compression Driver for all their other models equipped with their 1.75" Compression Driver like in their RF-7, RF-7 II, RF-7 III, RC-7, RC-64 II, RC-64 III models, is it merely the diameter of the Voice Coil for all these models too?

The compression driver is at least the size of the voice-coil maybe larger so no false advertising here looking at pictures of the raw diaphragms I'd guess the driver is a 1.75 or 2" max not sure why Dean made that distinction?  

8 hours ago, Oniiz86 said:

is Klipsch falsely advertising it as a 1.75" Compression Driver for all their other models equipped with their 1.75" Compression Driver like in their RF-7, RF-7 II, RF-7 III, RC-7, RC-64 II, RC-64 III models, is it merely the diameter of the Voice Coil for all these models too?

who gave you that idea  , the RB-75  motor magnet is much smaller  than the RF-7  , although both drivers share  a 1,75 inch VC 

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

The compression driver is at least the size of the voice-coil maybe larger so no false advertising here looking at pictures of the raw diaphragms I'd guess the driver is a 1.75 or 2" max not sure why Dean made that distinction?  

I only pointed it out because people often conflate the exit size with VC. 

https://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=97714.0

• Like 1

Update: I went ahead and bought the speakers. These are first set of truly premium speakers and they live up to my expectations. Amazing!  They are being driven by a vintage Pioneer SA-7100 and even set dead flat, the sound is great. I’m not used to hearing distortion free at a low volume level. Thanks everyone!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, houseofwarwick said:

Update: I went ahead and bought the speakers. These are first set of truly premium speakers and they live up to my expectations. Amazing!  They are being driven by a vintage Pioneer SA-7100 and even set dead flat, the sound is great. I’m not used to hearing distortion free at a low volume level. Thanks everyone!

Congrats, those are amazing little speakers, and will last a lifetime.

• 5 weeks later...