SOLD - 1980 La Scala Cabinets in Mazomanie, Wisconsin - $699

pcbiz

• Moderators
10 hours ago, RandyH said:

you got a right to ask forum members what these are worth  on the Alerts -you dont have to Delete anything , even if they are listed on the GS . 

These cabinets are listed for Sale on Ebay  , the Seller therefore knows that the Ebay listing can be posted and discussed on the ALERTS -

.https://www.ebay.com/itm/203779648845?hash=item2f7236ad4d:g:f9UAAOSwXdlh0yWS

I disagree, as a blanket statement. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Knowing that they are a forum member's and that they are listed in the Garage Sale section AND that it has been pointed out in this thread, only an idiot would ask what they are worth.

The OP didn't know that they were posed, so the OP's question shouldn't be talked about.

But how do people know if they come into the thread two or three pages later? They have Tapatalk or something (I don't, but apparently you can see posts but something ont everything in context? Then they jump in and say:

That looks way low to me, I would jump on them!

Or

These come up all the time on the Forum for half that, in better shape. 

I haven't seen the situation arise before. 

There are pros and cons either way. 

Going to the original post, I think if you see something on eBay it's safe to assume that it's not on the Forum and you can add to Alerts?

• Moderators
12 hours ago, pcbiz said:

How much do you think these are worth?

Image 4 - VINTAGE 1980 KLIPSCH LA SCALA EMPTY CABINETS PAIR SPEAKERS RE-VENEER HORNS

Image 01 - VINTAGE 1980 KLIPSCH LA SCALA EMPTY CABINETS PAIR SPEAKERS RE-VENEER HORNS

Image 5 - VINTAGE 1980 KLIPSCH LA SCALA EMPTY CABINETS PAIR SPEAKERS RE-VENEER HORNS

Here is my typical standby, let's help the Forum guy with the question.

@wvu80 do you have any price data on empty LS I bins? Price, how often you have seen them come up?

@pcbiz you may want to edit the title, "Help Pricing on La Scala cabinets" and maybe delete the photos?

I can help you with what every you want to do, even move it to general forum section. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Here is my typical standby, let's help the Forum guy with the question.

@wvu80 do you have any price data on empty LS I bins? Price, how often you have seen them come up?

@pcbiz you may want to edit the title, "Help Pricing on La Scala cabinets" and maybe delete the photos?

I can help you with what every you want to do, even move it to general forum section. 

Thanks. Let's just leave it here as is. It will help the seller. I bought a pair recently in disrepair, and I just wanted an idea of their value. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 9:37 PM, Travis In Austin said:

But how do people know if they come into the thread two or three pages later? They have Tapatalk or something (I don't, but apparently you can see posts but something ont everything in context? Then they jump in and say:

That looks way low to me, I would jump on them!

Or

These come up all the time on the Forum for half that, in better shape. 

I haven't seen the situation arise before. 

There are pros and cons either way. 

Going to the original post, I think if you see something on eBay it's safe to assume that it's not on the Forum and you can add to Alerts?

I used to post a lot in the Alert section and a couple of times I posted someone's (Craigslist, eBay, Reverb, FBMP) ad, not knowing it was a fellow member's ad. When it was pointed out, the cool kids played it cool. Like all the other threads, they would slide off and be forgotten.  This one is special in that someone is not being cool and because of that, the thread is staying active. 

Generally, if something can happen, it's only a matter of time before it does happen. If / when the scenario as you've described happens, cool kids would edit their post, or be encouraged to do so. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I used to post a lot in the Alert section and a couple of timed I posted someone's (Craigslist, eBay, Reverb, FBMP) ad, not knowing it was a fellow member's ad. When it was pointed out, the cool kids played it cool. Like all the other threads, they would slide off and forgotten.  This one is special in that someone is not being cool and necause of that, the thread is staying active. 

Generally, if something can happen, it's only a matter of time before it does happen. If / when the scenario as you've described happens, cool kids would edit their post, or be encouraged to do so. 

This is the most exclusionary comment I have heard on this Forum to date. I have no other comment.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

This is the most exclusionary comment I have heard on this Forum to date. I have no other comment.

I didn't mean to exclude anyone.  As a fellow forum member,, if you have something that's for sale, let the market be the judge, not me or anyone else on the sidelines. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I didn't mean to exclude anyone.  As a fellow forum member,, if you have something that's for sale, let the market be the judge, not me or anyone else on the sidelines. 

This is a very true statement.  An item is only worth what someone will offer you, and not a penny more.

• Like 1

I may have missed something along the way, but I've been a forum member for 22 years or so. For the first 10-12 years, I did a fair amount of horse trading with members. Since then, I've found that nearly every one of my posts ends up with weirdos bashing my prices. For members wondering why I sell almost exclusively on eBay, THIS is why. This weekend, I sold a pair of original AA networks for $475 and a pair of LaScala grills for $369. Had I listed them here, I would've been bashed relentlessly, it happens every time.

Why do I still post things for sale, then? Because I still buy speakers and gear here, and feel like it's the right thing to offer items to forum members. Years ago, these hecklers would've been chastised and removed by Amy, but I think that philosophy has changed?

My thought has always been BUY or DON'T BUY, and there's no need for endless public discussion. If you aren't equipped to make buying decisions on speakers and gear, maybe you've chosen the wrong hobby. 

Jeff

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tidmack said:

I may have missed something along the way, but I've been a forum member for 22 years or so. For the first 10-12 years, I did a fair amount of horse trading with members. Since then, I've found that nearly every one of my posts ends up with weirdos bashing my prices. For members wondering why I sell almost exclusively on eBay, THIS is why. This weekend, I sold a pair of original AA networks for $475 and a pair of LaScala grills for $369. Had I listed them here, I would've been bashed relentlessly, it happens every time.

Why do I still post things for sale, then? Because I still buy speakers and gear here, and feel like it's the right thing to offer items to forum members. Years ago, these hecklers would've been chastised and removed by Amy, but I think that philosophy has changed?

My thought has always been BUY or DON'T BUY, and there's no need for endless public discussion. If you aren't equipped to make buying decisions on speakers and gear, maybe you've chosen the wrong hobby. 

Jeff

Not any more they won't Jeff. There won't be any bashing on pricing, thread crapping, etc. A bonehead was just banned from the whole Forum a couple of days ago because he couldn't play by the rules. 

If anyone want's their post locked to responses with a note to "PM me if interested" (and pinned at the top) they can let me know and I will be happy to do it.

Travis 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

If anyone want's their post locked to responses with a note to "PM me if interested" (and pinned at the top) they can let me know and I will be happy to do it.

Travis 

^^^^THIS is a great idea.

Somebody’s post count may suffer as a result, but the rest of won’t. LOL!

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Not any more they won't Jeff. There won't be any bashing on pricing, thread crapping, etc. A bonehead was just banned from the whole Forum a couple of days ago because he couldn't play by the rules. 

Travis 

Thank you, Travis, I greatly appreciate you saying this. Have a terrific day.

Jeff

16 hours ago, geoff. said:

^^^^THIS is a great idea.

Somebody’s post count may suffer as a result, but the rest of won’t. LOL!

He will just blow up other threads.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:33 PM, Dave A said:

100% agree. I am also amused by how many things are edited after the fact. To bad there is not a time limit on edits.

I agree. I can see where correcting / editing a mistake is great. For someone to post something to inflame, then edit the post to look like a victim needs to stop. 

The same person edited his post on this page, replacing it with a picture this morning. Before the picture he had some sort of prattle against what Travis wants to try. ~'I don't see how that's going to help....'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Travis In Austin, the marketplaces on reddit are pretty strict. Usually a post requires strict title formatting such as this..

Title must be formatted [WTB/WTS/WTT][Location][H] Something [W] Something

Example: [WTS][USA-NY][H] Marantz SR7400 Receiver [W] PayPal, Local Cash $150

You must include pictures in sales and trade posts. At least one of them must have a proof/timestamp. Proof/timestamps must include a username & timestamp matching the username posting and date posted.

All haggling and such is limited to DM's. Post chatter is universally frowned upon except for:

• Clarifying something about the item, such as accessories included or maybe the seller forgot to mention a product version which might impact the sale, etc.
  • On reddit, scammers can be banned from posting in a section but still view the listing and still DM members. So they require everyone to add a quick comment indicating that a PM is forthcoming as proof that they're not banned from reaching out. I think the inverse is true here where PM's can't happen until after X number of posts, so this step may be unnecessary. Maintaining a pinned list of known scammers or something might help on this front.

And then there's usually a confirmed trade list/count where buyers and sellers simply state that User1 sold/bought/traded X product with User2, and User2 confirms.

Price check threads are allowed by using [PC] Item you want to price check, and this is where people are encouraged to chime in with current market trends, etc.

Non-compliant posts are simply deleted and a message is sent to the user to recreate and correctly adhere to the prescribed format.

• pcbiz changed the title to SOLD - 1980 La Scala Cabinets in Mazomanie, Wisconsin - $699