WTB - Cornwall and Heresy Cane Grills

MacWorks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 2:00 PM, MacWorks said:

Thanks, but motorboards are something different. I am speaking of the composite that the fabric is mounted on. 

Looking for commercially produced, not crafting my own.

Just an idea; took my old frames to the local high school wood shop and had the instructor create a new set for me. They have CNC router tables. He refused payment. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 2:02 PM, MacWorks said:

Have some old cane grills for my Cornwall 1's that need new cane and the backing board.

Also looking to swap my black Heresy II grills for cane.

Thanks!

Here is a picture of  the Klipsch cane material ,  from  my  Heresy Grilles  -

267520525_IMG_20210228_121419(1).thumb.jpg.817f543c80f8ad60b847c773ac79c23c.jpg

On 1/28/2022 at 7:33 AM, MacWorks said:

@001 That's exactly what I need. I that available? Thanks!

these cane grilles are + 40 years old  ( 1977 ), this specific Cane fabric is no longer available . how Bad are your Grilles  ?  any pictures ?   

55 minutes ago, MacWorks said:

The cane is somewhat stained @001. A light scrubbing did not improve. Also the board that the cane is stapled to, needs replacing.

if I hear of CW 1 cane grilles for sale, I will get back with you -

On 2/1/2022 at 12:04 PM, MacWorks said:

The cane is somewhat stained @001. A light scrubbing did not improve. Also the board that the cane is stapled to, needs replacing.

IMG_9044.jpeg

Sounds like you are replacing the grill board. Carefully remove the cane fabric and hand wash it in a tub with warm water and a mild detergent. I've done it to cane grills from heresies. I use Woolite detergent. I used a fabric brush as well to clean the fabric, they came out so much better after. Good luck

• Like 2

I hope dtr20's suggestion works for you.

I know you want to stay original, but if it ends up you cant, several here have used Mojotone cane fabric. Google them, search "cane". They have two that are close. I used the tighter weave but the looser "English" weave should word as well. They dont have that second layer that you see up close on the original but from a couple feet away, look very close

.sh1.thumb.jpg.e4bd77d2460cd748c3108d73e63ea89f.jpgbirch.thumb.jpg.25573b08abc8dd856248db9f2b9a465a.jpg

• Like 1