Gack, P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C. web site!! (Walgreens)

Coytee

Both wife & I have a mild fever, some aches/pains....she says she can't taste anything (I'm fine in that regard).

So she's convinced that we both have the covid.  I said if that's the case and this is all it is, then thank God it's done...(that didn't sit well with her  heh)

Anyway, she wants to do a rapid test and their weekend is booked.  She finally found a slot open on Monday at the end of the day.  Had to go to their website to create the appointment and this is where I finally said I'll just live with it!  (first off, I'm not as convinced as she is that we've been bitten by it)

The Walgreens website is HORRIFFIC.  Terribly and I mean TERRIBLY slow, clunky.  I finally told her it really strikes me as them making it so difficult on someone you get frustrated and go elsewhere.....in other words, they don't WANT you to come there but if you can fight the fight of their registration system, they'll do it.

I was trying to make an appointment in the next town over on my phone.  phone simply locks up and stops.  I have time to walk to my office, jump on THIS computer instead of my phone and get about three screens in while my phone was still thinking about it.

I never did get my phone to get to their website and on my desktop, I clicked on 

1.  Covid 19 Testing Options

2.  Schedule free drive-through test

3.  It then took me to a menu type screen (copied below).  I personally never could find the correct step, the wife finally did it on her phone.

Copy/paste of the screen AFTER clicking on #2 above is below.

Just an amazingly slow and pathetically designed site it would seem.  That alone makes me reconsider even going there any more.  (We've got a CVS about 3 blocks further away and one of my medications cost (insurance) around $54,000/year.  Kind of stupid to push that recurring business away because of a poor website)

Ok, rant is now over, how was your day??!!!

• Moderators

Sorry to hear that news Richard, I hope whatever it is that is passes quickly with nothing more than you describe. 

I hope this doesn't turn into a Covid thread, it will be the shortest lived thread in the history of the Forum. I'm leaving it as a Computer/Website rant (that just happens to involve covid). Not going to tolerate any "it's only a day to get a test here, or 2 weeks there" because we all know where it goes. 

3 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

Sorry to hear that news Richard, I hope whatever it is that is passes quickly with nothing more than you describe. 

I hope this doesn't turn into a Covid thread, it will be the shortest lived thread in the history of the Forum. I'm leaving it as a Computer/Website rant (that just happens to involve covid). Not going to tolerate any "it's only a day to get a test here, or 2 weeks there" because we all know where it goes. 

I didn't think about that.  You may feel free to delete it.  I don't think we have covid and it is about their website.

Just now, Marvel said:

Agree with the CVS, used them often this past year.

The closest Physicians Care does walk in testing here, but you may have a long wait.

Yeah, there are places here you can walk in.  It's not about that.  It is about "How can we have a website that is politely telling you how they do NOT want to help you"  (or at least that's my take on it)

I'm not to worried about the illness side of things, we're both fine.  If we have an issue, we'll go to the Doc.  Have no problem with that.

Side comment, on January 5th, I hit my high deductible out of pocket for my health insurance which means 100% of anything for the rest of the year, there is zero (yes, zero) out of pocket.  So I/we can go to anyone and not have to think about costs, nor even co-pays (zero is zero costs).  I don't want to take their time for what is probably "yeah, you have strep throat" or something like that.

In today's age, I'm not sure that I've come across a website that was so annoying as Walgreens' is/was.

I get it... I actually tried the Walgreens site last week, as the CVS that we've been to multiple times (job requirement), had no empty slots. I gave up on it. The CVS site was simpler.

I find most large company websites to be awful anyway.

The CDC recommends if you are sick to NOT GET TESTED. They recommend you stay home EXCEPT to get medical care.

So going to Walgreens or ANYWHERE to get tested while you have symptoms is wrong, and merely an opportunity to possibly spread the infection.

The only reason I could think of to go to Walgreens to get tested would be to exact revenge and infect the staff because of their lousy web site navigation. (That's a joke, people!)

Here's the CDC website information.

I have to take 50 mg of Atenolol twenty minutes prior to engaging in ANY online process that is not part of my daily routine at work or at home.

And I am rarely surprised by the (lack of) logic and efficiency of any of them.

It is almost as if the same people that design the pages for the government agencies have been sought out and contracted.

Insurance last year took the cake. They advised you online to set up a time for a phone callback, during business hours, while I was fortunate enough to be working.

Now I have to go take another 25 mg just recalling this trauma, lol.

Thought I'd update this.

Wife got through their website, I never could.  Good for her.  I'm the "computer person" here so a pox on me for her getting it done!!

We both tested positive tonight so good on her for INSISTING that I go in for a test.  Now I know what we're up against (I think we're both on the upswing from it now)

But, this Thursday, I had a seminar to attend.  The county next door is having a retirement seminar for their entire school system.  Guess who is/was supposed to go there to speak to them.

'

Then, Mr., Super-spreader was schedueled to go to the prison in another county and do an onboarding seminar for their new class of prison guards.

It dawned on me when this thing started 2-years ago that if I ever did catch it, I could become a shadow spreader... I could catch it somewheree and before I discovered it, could spread it to the next locations I went to.

So I'm really glad my wife INSISTED I go get this done.  I would NOT have done it on my own, as I feel totally fine.  Yeah, sore throat.... small temp but those are VERY typical for me with my other issues. 

Now, I get to put the foot down and just work from home for a couple days, essentially taking it a bit easy.

We (my company) did an excellent pivot when this came out and we are very capable of working remotely, so this won't affect anything for me other than my innate mental make up is to meet people in person.  Obviously I need to hold that in check until this is done.

Guess who I owe the thanks for the diagnosis?  Yep, the sucky web site Walgreens.  Still hate their website!!!  lol.

Stay home, Richard! We've had to get tests a lot over the last two years. You are fortunate that you can do some work from home. I worked from home for a little o er a week, but I'm in IT. Problem for me is a lot of my work is hands on fixing broken computers. There's only so much I could do by remoting into servers and desktops to do setup work and account creation.