gonna be crazy year...

Marvel

Hopefully I'm within the boundaries of the thread.  I was listening to the head of the CDC yesterday.  She said that 75 percent of all covid deaths were from people that had 4 co morbidities.  She also talked about covid hospitalizations.  40 percent of recorded covid hospitalizations were patients that were hospitalized for something other than covid but were routinely tested and had it.

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

That's just one of the ***** generation we've managed to raise. You teach children that they should be protected from every obstacle in life, they become soft and dependent.  Then they grow up to become fearful adults. Fearful of everything. 

Maybe that's how YOU have raised your children.  You don't speak for everyone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Maybe that's how YOU have raised your children.  You don't speak for everyone.

May be true. However empirical evidence points to that being a common paradigm. Along with the ever increasing attempts to making everyone happy. Life's royal pain sometimes and rarely fair. Too often ignored facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

That's just one of the ***** generation we've managed to raise. You teach children that they should be protected from every obstacle in life, they become soft and dependent.  Then they grow up to become fearful adults. Fearful of everything. 

We need to realize that we can't mitigate every possible outcome so that we are always safe. The world can be a dangerous place. It's called life.

Do you know any teachers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Hopefully I'm within the boundaries of the thread.  I was listening to the head of the CDC yesterday.  She said that 75 percent of all covid deaths were from people that had 4 co morbidities.  She also talked about covid hospitalizations.  40 percent of recorded covid hospitalizations were patients that were hospitalized for something other than covid but were routinely tested and had it.

Feel free to PM me about that.  I'm with you on the boundaries, and encourage anyone to go PM if they are not sure, or do the fact checking.

This thing affects me and my job immensely.  I'm on sick leave at the moment, unsure of an exact diagnosis---probably the upper respiratory thing Bruce mentions.  It makes me more cautious than I might otherwise be, not wanting to inadvertently spread something that could affect others far worse.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

We need to realize that we can't mitigate every possible outcome so that we are always safe. The world can be a dangerous place. It's called life.

I raise my kids  the same way .

• Moderators
8 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Wow, that's a relief, we don't need these people around anyway:

Established, probable, and possible risk factors (comorbidities that have been associated with severe COVID-19 in at least 1 meta-analysis or systematic review [starred conditions], in observational studies, or in case series):

• Cancer
  • Cerebrovascular disease
  • Children with certain underlying conditions
  • Chronic kidney disease
  • Chronic lung disease (COPD, interstitial lung disease, pulmonary embolism, pulmonary hypertension, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis)
  • Chronic liver disease (cirrhosis, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, alcoholic liver disease, autoimmune hepatitis)
  • Diabetes mellitus, type 1 and type 2
  • Down syndrome
  • Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies)
  • HIV
  • Mental health disorders (mood disorders including depression, schizophrenia spectrum disorders)
  • Neurologic conditions, including dementia
  • Obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2) and overweight (BMI 25 to 29 kg/m2)
  • Pregnancy or recent pregnancy
  • Smoking (current and former)
  • Sickle cell disease or thalassemia
  • Solid organ or blood stem cell transplantation
  • Substance use disorders
  • Tuberculosis
  • Use of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive medications
  • Like 3