gonna be crazy year...

Marvel

30 minutes ago, babadono said:

Well after about 2 weeks of being out of it with Covid (pretty sure the Omricon var.) I am going to attempt to go back to work tomorrow. They will test me before allowing me to enter.

Glad you're feeling better. We've had family in the Philippines with it, one passed away. How are things with family in Peru?

3 hours ago, Marvel said:

Glad you're feeling better. We've had family in the Philippines with it, one passed away. How are things with family in Peru?

Family in Peru are fine so far, knock on wood. They've all been vac'd...3rd booster blah,blah ,blah. Thanks for asking. My nephews fiance did catch it, but was just a mild discomfort for her.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, babadono said:

Well after about 2 weeks of being out of it with Covid (pretty sure the Omricon var.) I am going to attempt to go back to work tomorrow. They will test me before allowing me to enter.

Fingers crossed for you Eric.  Daughter Amy is trying to go back to work.  They won't let her return till she gets a negative test even though she's been symptom free for almost a week.  She's had 4 positive tests now.  Makes me wonder if each time she does that it is reported as a new positive test.

42 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Fingers crossed for you Eric.  Daughter Amy is trying to go back to work.  They won't let her return till she gets a negative test even though she's been symptom free for almost a week.  She's had 4 positive tests now.  Makes me wonder if each time she does that it is reported as a new positive test.

I believe they said the reporting doesn't show as a new case when that happens

32 minutes ago, billybob said:

The rapid test is having problems with reliability.

Also have to be sick enough. You can feel like crap and still test negative. My wife tested negative on 2 separate tests. Only 1 was a rapid test. Then test positive 2 days later. 

1 minute ago, CWOReilly said:

Also have to be sick enough. You can feel like crap and still test negative. My wife tested negative on 2 separate tests. Only 1 was a rapid test. Then test positive 2 days later. 

Have read where timing of the test also important.

The rapid test doesn't get a sample as far up the nose. The Nasopharyngeal test is more accurate as the sample gathering is with the LONG swab way up your nose. And the pcr test looks for the Covid rna material and is more accurate.

I had a rapid test done at a quick clinic, and they took two swabs. When the first swab was negative, the second was sent off for the pcr. It also came back negative.

• Like 1

I’m optimistic , right now we’re seeing a  steep steep very steep rise in Covid cases , that will be followed by a very very steep decline in cases , after which a very high percentage of the population will have a reasonable level of immunity . Plus the Klipschorns are sounding better than ever , and I got my new subwoofer amp hooked up ,so  I’m ready to rock and roll.🤓

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

My goodness, both inlaws reported testing pos with it yesterday. They are in their 70s and isolating at home with symptoms similar to having the common cold. No other symptoms at this time. No fever. 

God BLess they're ok ,

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 7:59 AM, CECAA850 said:

Hopefully I'm within the boundaries of the thread.  I was listening to the head of the CDC yesterday.  She said that 75 percent of all covid deaths were from people that had 4 co morbidities. 

Context is important. Here is the entire quote:

“You know, a really important study if I may just summarize it, a study of 1.2 million people who were vaccinated between December and October and demonstrated that severe disease occurred in about 0.015% of the people who are receive their primary series and death in .003% of those people.  The overwhelming number of deaths over 75% occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities so really these are people who were unwell to begin with. And yes, really encouraging news in the context of omicron this means not only just to get your primary series but to get your booster series.”

The “Good Morning America” segment that aired on Jan. 7 left out the context that the statistic only applies to those who have been fully vaccinated, and does not refer to overall COVID-19 deaths.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/verify/coronavirus-verify/cdc-director-walenskys-good-morning-america-interview-shared-out-of-context/536-df3fef72-c341-4cfa-8a09-8d8bb9578a62