gonna be crazy year...

Marvel

Them is a band from the 60s.

The South Africa then UK, the Netherlands, and now US. All are going through their peaks, except for S. Africa which is trending down recently and is the model that others are looking at for timeframe.

In all these places Omicron has displaced or, in the process of displacing the Delta. 

Source online.

11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Fingers crossed for you Eric.  Daughter Amy is trying to go back to work.  They won't let her return till she gets a negative test even though she's been symptom free for almost a week.  She's had 4 positive tests now.  Makes me wonder if each time she does that it is reported as a new positive test.

Weird thing..I thought they were going to test me this morning but boss said its been so long (>14 days) you're good to go.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Them is a band from the 60s.

The South Africa then UK, the Netherlands, and now US. All are going through their peaks, except for S. Africa which is trending down recently and is the model that others are looking at for timeframe.

In all these places Omicron has displaced or, in the process of displacing the Delta. 

Source online.

Right , it’s a good thing for people to understand about this peak , they may want to use extra caution at this time .

11 hours ago, geezin' said:

Bill Gates. So no that's not biased. That's the problem in our times. Get online and seek out "data" that agrees with your perspective. Truth be damned.

How did Bill Gates get involved in this , does he have Jubilee’s or what? Would you believe it if your mama told you?

Just now, Tom05 said:

Right , it’s a good thing for people to understand about this peak , they may want to use extra caution at this time .

They would need to have N95 masks and even then It is a crapshoot as it is either above or just below below the measles in transmissibility.

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

They would need to have N95 masks and even then It is a crapshoot as it is either above or just below below the measles in transmissibility.

Wife and I started wearing the N95 today, I can tell it’s a lot better mask.

• Like 1

It is a better mask, and there are other that are near as good.

Good luck with that and other precautions. You will need it!

By the time others try with it, 

we will have peaked anyway.

Would like to send you by PM my source of information.

There is too much conflicting information in the media to follow or sort.

7 hours ago, Tom05 said:

I’m optimistic , right now we’re seeing a  steep steep very steep rise in Covid cases , that will be followed by a very very steep decline in cases , after which a very high percentage of the population will have a reasonable level of immunity...

This used to be conventional thought.

3 hours ago, Tom05 said:

Wife and I started wearing the N95 today, I can tell it’s a lot better mask.

Yeah, we switched to 3M N95 this month too. Omicron protection goes from 25 minutes with a cloth mask to 25 hours with N95. Last year I was down to about 10 N95's (down from 70 pre-Covid). Finally I found some more at the hardware store this summer when things were "back to normal". I'm back up to 70 count again. I knew then that "normal" was only temporary, but fun while it lasted. This wave is a B***ch and I'm staying out of the water until it  passes.

1 hour ago, 314carpenter said:

Yeah, we switched to 3M N95 this month too. Omicron protection goes from 25 minutes with a cloth mask to 25 hours with N95.

The most recent information I have seen also suggested 25 hours of protection from Omicron, when one of two people is infected and both are wearing non-fit tested N95 masks. It is further suggested that protection is greatly extended if both masks are tightly sealed. This is one of the primary reasons I wear N95 masks with behind the head straps instead of behind the ear straps, since (for me) the mask can fit tightly without ear fatigue. YMMV

Masks.png

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cloth-face-mask-omicron-11640984082

5 hours ago, geezin' said:

That's the problem in our times. Get online and seek out "data" that agrees with your perspective. Truth be damned.

It doesn't seem unreasonable that, given the huge increase of reported cases (nearing 850,000/day) combined with the drastic shortage of 'official' testing, the daily case numbers might be low. On top of that, it is being reported that the at-home test results are not being counted, and surely there are asymptomatic people not being tested. Estimates are merely guesses, even when educated ones, but I doubt anything 'sinister' is happening here by association. My opinions, of course.

• Like 1