Maple Tree pre amp

mopardave

Are you asking about phone connection or phono connection? You mentioned both. As for that pre, it appears to be a line stage only, meaning no phono pre amp. If that is the case, you will need a phono pre amp.

As for phone, depending on what phone you have, a simple adapter to RCA may be all that is needed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are you asking about phone connection or phono connection? You mentioned both. As for that pre, it appears to be a line stage only, meaning no phono pre amp. If that is the case, you will need a phono pre amp.

As for phone, depending on what phone you have, a simple adapter to RCA may be all that is needed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Sorry for the typo. Yes, phono only.  Looking at picking up a TT to get back into vinyl. 

1 minute ago, mopardave said:

Sorry for the typo. Yes, phono only.  Looking at picking up a TT to get back into vinyl. 

The Maple Tree has 3 inputs and two outputs.   The #1 input has 10db gain, 2 input has 15db gain and three input has 20db gain.   Thought i might be set with this Line Preamp.   

you need a phono preamp, which will use RIAA equalization to make the records sound right. All records are "encoded", and have to be decoded by a phono circuit, along with proper amplification of the signal. If you use a low output moving coil cartridge, you will also need a step up transformer (SUT).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kevinmi said:

you need a phono preamp, which will use RIAA equalization to make the records sound right. All records are "encoded", and have to be decoded by a phono circuit, along with proper amplification of the signal. If you use a low output moving coil cartridge, you will also need a step up transformer (SUT).

Ok, not what i wanted to hear.  I will have to budget for a preamp than.   What brands do you suggest?   Really dont know what to look for.

9 hours ago, kevinmi said:

Kevin, what do you think of the Oracle origin MK2 TT.  I can get one on sale right now for $2250.   

On 1/9/2022 at 9:30 PM, mopardave said:

Kevin, what do you think of the Oracle origin MK2 TT.  I can get one on sale right now for $2250. 

You know I like Oracle turntables, but the Origin has a unipivot tonearm, which I'm not familiar with. Also, to change from 33 to 45 rpm, you have to move the belt to a different pulley, while not necessarily difficult, can still be a pain. It also doesn't have the famous suspension system as their more expensive tables, which can be a problem depending on where you mount the table. On a concrete slab like a basement, it wouldn't be a problem. I think I would rather buy a used Oracle Delphi MK 2 for the same price.

3 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

You know I like Oracle turntables, but the Origin has a unipivot tonearm, which I'm not familiar with. Also, to change from 33 to 45 rpm, you have to move the belt to a different pulley, while not necessarily difficult, can still be a pain. It also doesn't have the famous suspension system as their more expensive tables, which can be a problem depending on where you mount the table. On a concrete slab like a basement, it wouldn't be a problem. I think I would rather buy a used Oracle Delphi MK 2 for the same price.

Ok, thanks Kevin.  I couldn't find any good honest reviews on the Origin. I gave up on that table and again am looking at the better of the EAT tables like the C major and the C sharp.  Did you check out the EAT jo no5 cartridge.  Thinking of having this included with the table at purchase.   I did check out the bronze cartridge and some like the blue over the bronze.   I will keep an open eye for a used Delphi MK2 as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Did you check out the EAT jo no5 cartridge.

I read some reviews, and everyone seems to really like it. A couple of things to consider-it's a heavy cartridge, and it tracks at a little heavier weight than most carts That should help with surface noise. It has a fine line nude stylus, which will help get more detail out of the record. It is a low output moving coil , so you will need a phono preamp made for a mc cart, or a seperate step up transformer. Sounds like EAT makes one that would probably be a good match. I think if you bought the whole EAT package you would be very happy with the sound, and wouldn't need to upgrade.

7 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

I read some reviews, and everyone seems to really like it. A couple of things to consider-it's a heavy cartridge, and it tracks at a little heavier weight than most carts That should help with surface noise. It has a fine line nude stylus, which will help get more detail out of the record. It is a low output moving coil , so you will need a phono preamp made for a mc cart, or a seperate step up transformer. Sounds like EAT makes one that would probably be a good match. I think if you bought the whole EAT package you would be very happy with the sound, and wouldn't need to upgrade.

Thanks Kevin.