Tracks 2 dig on your rig

CarpenterPope

2 hours ago, CarpenterPope said:

James Taylor - Gaia 

4-4:30 mark is blowing me away recently on my klipsch the 5 at low volume.

The drum slams at 4:09 sound fantastic on my Heresy 1972 set too!

The Fives do have a repuation of having amazing low frequencies for such small speakers. Must be the magic in the crossover that pulls this off!

Welcome to the forum!

"Everybody Loves a Happy Ending" by Tears for Fears,
"Random Access Memories" by Daft Punk.   Two of the most well-done pop music albums I've ever heard.

"Dare" by Gorillaz.  Once you've heard this on a system that gets down to 20Hz, everything else sounds weak.

Michael Gulezian, outstanding acoustic guitar work, very minimal & clean recordings.
Hayseed Dixie.  Old instruments, old microphones.

• Like 1

Someone just turned me on to this Roger Waters album "Amused To Death". 

The music is trash but he did some really cool tricks with sounds being out of phase in order to place sounds from this record all around you. 

It's the perfect record to test your speaker placement, as a lot of these tricks won't work on poorly setup speakers. 

Even on the first track, there's a dog barking and it sounds like it comes from behind me and it sounds like it's coming from outside my house! Really freaky stuff as even when you turn your head to face the direction of the sound the illusion is upheld. 

This is a really cool record for sounds coming from places they seemingly shouldn't be coming from in a 2-channel system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone just turned me on to this Roger Waters album "Amused To Death". 

The music is trash but he did some really cool tricks with sounds being out of phase in order to place sounds from this record all around you. 

It's the perfect record to test your speaker placement, as a lot of these tricks won't work on poorly setup speakers. 

Even on the first track, there's a dog barking and it sounds like it comes from behind me and it sounds like it's coming from outside my house! Really freaky stuff as even when you turn your head to face the direction of the sound the illusion is upheld. 

This is a really cool record for sounds coming from places they seemingly shouldn't be coming from in a 2-channel system. 

You are listening to Q sound. Pink Floyd used it on “The Final Cut.” Waters used it on “Amused..” , “The Pros and Cons Of Hitchhiking” and
“Radio KAOS.” You can place the speakers 2’ to 4’ apart and your head equi distance from them and hear an actual sonic hologram. But moving your head as much as 1/8” it dissolves into stereo. BTW I think “Amused..” is a brilliant album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony Whitlow said:

You are listening to Q sound. Pink Floyd used it on “The Final Cut.” Waters used it on “Amused..” , “The Pros and Cons Of Hitchhiking” and
“Radio KAOS.” You can place the speakers 2’ to 4’ apart and your head equi distance from them and hear an actual sonic hologram. But moving your head as much as 1/8” it dissolves into stereo. BTW I think “Amused..” is a brilliant album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Qsound! Which is apparently a plugin they use in the studio? I literally just learned about this in the last 24 hours haha. I was freaking the hell out at some of these sounds and how they seemingly emanate out of thin air. 

Apparently, it works best on a properly setup system? If that's the case then my system is setup VERY well haha, which I've always thought it was anyway, I've always been impressed with my stereos ability to place instruments in space. My CWIVs are 11 feet apart center to center and I sit exactly 11 feet away from each speaker. Speakers are toed in basically facing my opposite ear.