Just a Friendly reminder for 2022

Fish

According to reports. Paypal , Venmo and the like will now report to the Eye RS any transfer over $600 in a year. And keep record of your income through them. So keep good records of those old records or radios or whatever you sell cause your BIG OLD Brother is watching and may want an explanation.....Just to be clear 200 + 200+ 200 or more will be reported.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Another friendly reminder.  Your teeth depend upon your gum's health.  Learn how to floss effectively, use a stimulator to run along the gum line, and then a sulca brush for both inside and outside gumline brushing.  Then finish by brushing your teeth.  Before bed is a good time for this.  You're welcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Uhhhh OK... 

Well, one involves no new law change, simply a reporting change.  The other involves valuable information for your health.  In your line of work, I'm sure you have smelled old people breath from across the room due to poor oral hygiene.  Join them if you wish.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Another friendly reminder.  Your teeth depend upon your gum's health.  Learn how to floss effectively, use a stimulator to run along the gum line, and then a sulca brush for both inside and outside gumline brushing.  Then finish by brushing your teeth.  Before bed is a good time for this.  You're welcome.

you're a Dentist ?

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Fish said:

According to reports. Paypal , Venmo and the like will now report to the Eye RS any transfer over $600 in a year. And keep record of your income through them. So keep good records of those old records or radios or whatever you sell cause your BIG OLD Brother is watching and may want an explanation.....Just to be clear 200 + 200+ 200 or more will be reported.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/taxes/fact-or-fiction-the-irs-is-tracking-payments-over-600-on-paypal-and-venmo-in-2022/

Paypal did a press release on this a little bit ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fish said:

the 600$ applies per person or per household ?

Everyone using PayPal will eventually experience the necessary pricing adjustments to offset those new taxes. I have already raised my prices on online transactions requiring PayPal payments incoming to my account. I can't absorb these additional taxes myself, so I have already passed them on.  I  just blame it on the massive inflation we have all experienced recently. New normal.

This will not be the last new online tax reporting rule we will see changed. This one has been a long time coming. Your Uncle Sam is very hungry right now, and he's already missed breakfast and lunch. One day you'll come home to find he has opened all of your cupboard doors. Nothing you can do either, now or later, to change that.  New normal.