Guitars and more...

the real Duke Spinner

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

You like all them Pedals ????

I am a guitar, cord, and Amp ki nda player. 😛

Me too.

Except when I’m not...

Prototyping and redesigning the mothership for 2022 at the moment.

And my backyard concerts are more of a sound excursion battle with my best friend/neighbor who lives two doors down from me, so I’ve got to be ready for whatever nonsense he may try to pull with some multifx nonsense.

B6AF15D6-3DD7-433F-A690-816D593501E6.thumb.jpeg.1f544286304c24954db6e5e25dbfda2a.jpeg

He’s usually blasting away at me with his Peavey T-60 that I repaired for him at the start of the covid pandemic.

BEFB5762-4432-4E71-9C83-C1CE0F5000A1.thumb.jpeg.8d9a5f29dcf030e5c39fdc3b80cbfb68.jpeg

FBB9FB12-B121-4A8B-8F32-B6CBF85C14C7.jpeg

17091F92-DC8F-4BA9-897F-CD08E1ADED43.thumb.jpeg.43c2dcd255299d911813f6a0472acbba.jpeg

3FC58BB0-31A3-476E-BDDB-3E95D5C1190B.jpeg

the T-60 is a heavy but magnificent beast with a relatively complicated wiring scheme that employs dual humbuckers with coil tap options via the tone knob position for each pickup.

That in addition to a phase switch makes for a really wide variety of tones that can be accessed on the guitar. 
But they are made out of northern baseball bat ash and the body on each one I’ve ever seen weighed in excess of 900 lbs.

2 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I bought it used... it was a good deal. Had it since '96

December ‘97 ?

it was after I started playing bass because we visited The Soundpost looking at bass amps for me when we saw it in the display cas, but I’m pretty sure it was before I got my first Taylor at L&M which was summer of ‘98.

it’s still hard for me to believe that it was, relatively speaking, not that much more than my Taylor 310.

The Bag End 2x10 cab I played through that day was really nice but the Warrior bass we used for testing amps that Bruce Bennett designed was nicer.

5 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

December ‘97 ?

it was after I started playing bass because we visited The Soundpost looking at bass amps for me when we saw it in the display cas, but I’m pretty sure it was before I got my first Taylor at L&M which was summer of ‘98.

it’s still hard for me to believe that it was, relatively speaking, not that much more than my Taylor 310.

The Bag End 2x10 cab I played through that day was really nice but the Warrior bass we used for testing amps that Bruce Bennett designed was nicer.

Guitar players abound

But a good bottom end ...,??

Stick with that

Besides

There are Two less strings to deal with. 😆

• Like 2