Guitars and more...

the real Duke Spinner

1 hour ago, Subway said:

J Mascis?

Yes, good eye. It is way better than I expected given the price and where built. A fantastic guitar at any price. I played a 40th anniversary squier a week ago. Very nice, I like the neck on this one a bit better.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 7:00 AM, reservedzz said:

What do you think about electric guitar accessories? Do they really make the instrument look cooler, or is it too much? I am talking about decorated kill switches, knobs and guitar picks. Some of them may even glow in the darkness, and I like it.
Here’s a link to a website with one of the best electric guitar accessories I could find on the internet. I like them all separately, but I wonder what it would look like if I put all that on my guitar at once? Won’t it look like too much? Have you ever tried any additional accessories yourself, or maybe you know someone who did?

Go Away

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Buddy Shagmore said:

Here is my latest. Marc Rutters Cabronita style T. Marc lives in TN and also makes his own bridges, knobs, etc. He did an excellent job building to my specs. Very lightweight swamp ash at 6.6 lbs. The pickups are Creamery Black Cat filtertrons. It rings like a bell and is a blast to play.

20220919_193811 (2).jpg

20221113_165846~2.jpg

That looks amazing!

Marc has been making some awesome Tele style stuff for a while now.

I love the throwback to the original snakehead on these.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 7:00 AM, reservedzz said:

What do you think about electric guitar accessories? Do they really make the instrument look cooler, or is it too much? I am talking about decorated kill switches, knobs and guitar picks. Some of them may even glow in the darkness, and I like it.
Here’s a link to a website with one of the best electric guitar accessories I could find on the internet. I like them all separately, but I wonder what it would look like if I put all that on my guitar at once? Won’t it look like too much? Have you ever tried any additional accessories yourself, or maybe you know someone who did?

Go away, Spammer

On 12/25/2022 at 9:13 AM, rplace said:

Best wife ever. Xmas Day surprise. Squire 40th anniversary telecaster. Double binding, aged hardware, tinted neck....quite the looker IMO.

Compress_20221225_140857_7863.thumb.jpg.3b3d403875bee259f7bb09b3cc16faf8.jpg

Cool guitar! That's a particularly cool looking pickguard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:47 AM, CWelsh said:

That's a particularly cool looking pickguard

I really like it too. Brushed aluminum, kinda nice touch. For a cheap-er guitar I think they put a lot of nice touches on the 40th anniversary Squires.

Fender had a pretty decent holiday sale direct from their site at 40% off. I've actually had bigger bar bills than this was on on sale. I was squirming for a few days after the sale and before XMas wondering if I dropped enough hints....I was going to kick myself if I missed out because all sellers had them right back to MSRP after the Fender sale.

• Like 1