Guitars and more...

the real Duke Spinner

8 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

That looks really nice and those mini humbuckers have a really neat sound.

Thanks!

That was a big part of my purchase. I wanted to experience those pickups for myself. Happy with it so far. 2016 model in exceptional shape.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the sweet ES-140. 3/4 Size, with a p90 pup.

Body maybe a fraction smaller than a LP, but hollowbody, 3 inches deep. I paid $100 in s pawn shop, complete with brown case and pink lining.

url.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Marvel said:

This is the sweet ES-140. 3/4 Size, with a p90 pup.

Body maybe a fraction smaller than a LP, but hollowbody, 3 inches deep. I paid $100 in s pawn shop, complete with brown case and pink lining.

url.jpg

Beautiful! $100 is amazing.

Unfortunately, tbat was around 1970.  I sold it in '75 for an embarassingly low price. Now they usually go for $3k or more. If funds were right (they're not), I would happily pay for one.

My son has been learning how to play bass and has been taking lessons for a few months now.  Since I will never pass up the opportunity to purchase musical instruments, when he asked for his own bass for his birthday, I figured why not.  We went to Guitar Center a week or so ago where he tried a few lower end models that were within our budget.  Unfortunately, the one he liked was out of our budget, which was a black and white Jackson X series concert bass.  

Today I went in to pick up one that he was settled on and right as I walked in was the X series on clearance for half the price. 

Sales rep:  Would you like to try that out?

Me: No not today my good man, I'm feeling saucy, I think I'm going to buy it. 

image.jpeg.7a5e02edd60bf4c985704288cfd97b73.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Yowser !!!

$100. 🙃

These aren't mine, but it is an LP on the left and an ES-140 like the one I had on the right, except mine was the sunburst finish. In the early '70s you could find them under $350-400. I felt fortunate to find mine for $100 in a pawn shop somewhere in Ohio while touring with some friends. Had the cool light brown hardshell  case with the pink lining.

14195d1409498442-1956-7-gibson-es-140t-natural-image-2774794561-jpg.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

These aren't mine, but it is an LP on the left and an ES-140 like the one I had on the right, except mine was the sunburst finish. In the early '70s you could find them under $350-400. I felt fortunate to find mine for $100 in a pawn shop somewhere in Ohio while touring with some friends. Had the cool light brown hardshell  case with the pink lining.

14195d1409498442-1956-7-gibson-es-140t-natural-image-2774794561-jpg.jpg

That's a 70's black beauty with Harmonica bridge b🙂

4 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Can only play one at a time. 🙃

I can barely claim to play...LOL

Just the same, I have about a dozen at this point because I like to build and repair them as a hobby, and no one wants to pay me to take them off my hands. A few are missing from this shot because they are in the shop.

Guitars.JPG

• Like 3