Cornwall IV review from "Enjoy the Music"

PrestonTom

That accelerated fast.

I never did understand how you can have a "Scala" part without the Scala part. It's a misnomer. I  tried for years to get Bob to drop it.

It started out as a modified Cornwall. With the exception of the box, 90% or more of these DIY builds have nothing in common with any Klipsch product.

I think Roy is very much emotionally connected to these PK systems. I get the, "this is my close buddy's system, and I don't know if or how much I really want to mess with it."  I think that more than anything explains the deliberate process and incremental changes. It's not like Roy has never come up with the idea of jamming a big horn into a box before.

Dean

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

I never did understand how you can have a "Scala" part without the Scala part. It's a misnomer. I  tried for years to get Bob to drop it.

It started out as a modified Cornwall. With the exception of the box, 90% or more of these DIY builds have nothing in common with any Klipsch product.

I'm sure you're well aware of the history of Bob's original "CornScala" it used the k-400 from the La Scala and basically a modified Type B IIRC, all Klipsch parts but those horns were very hard to source so a readily available alternative was found-- I guess the name just stuck.

It was his test box. My argument was that the K-400 wasn’t what people thought of when then they thought of the LaScala - but the horn loaded bass. I just thought it was a silly name - because it was neither a Cornwall or a LaScala.