Cornwall IV vs. Cornwall

JohnW

11 hours ago, YK Thom said:

I enjoy direct comparisons like these. I can definitely hear the improvements with the new Hersey, the JBL/Cornwall was good as well. Both sound very very good, an edge to the Cornwall for a bit more detail and clarity. Horns make a difference.

I find that the box resonance of the Heresy IV tends to drown out the midrange compared to the II’s.  The II’s just tend to breath more openly and effortlessly the way I prefer with jazz. Jazz just sounds more realistic and true to my ears with the II’s. I can easily achieve tighter, cleaner and faster bottom end bass as demonstrated in my latest YouTube video which can’t be linked here unfortunately due to copyrights but it can be listened to on the channel titled Rush “losing it”. Headsets must be employed once again. Not sure if the full resolution loaded into YouTube or not but it gives an idea. This is with dual  REL T5i’s and still costs less than the IV’s. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 7:58 PM, mopardave said:

I think the bass is cleaner on the JBL.

I've listened to both speakers in real , the Lpad on the JBL  allows for a richer bass sound by taming the HF ,  Add a Quality Lpad to the CW IV and you can dial-in the same bass Characteristics 

• Like 1