Turntable suggestions.

Dolph

4 hours ago, Dolph said:

Thanks to all for your insight. I've ordered the SL1210GR. I decided to go with black since I've been looking at the silver for over 40 yrs. I'm hoping to replicate Islander's experience, we'll see how it goes. It's hard to find them so I have it on backorder, hope it doesn't take too long. I'll let you folks know how it goes, thanks again for all your help.

Excellent!  You'll be glad you did :)

6 hours ago, Dolph said:

Thanks to all for your insight. I've ordered the SL1210GR. I decided to go with black since I've been looking at the silver for over 40 yrs. I'm hoping to replicate Islander's experience, we'll see how it goes. It's hard to find them so I have it on backorder, hope it doesn't take too long. I'll let you folks know how it goes, thanks again for all your help.

I think the black models look better, too.  Another minor improvement over the pre-2002 or so models is that the lights, including the cueing light, are now LEDs instead of incandescent bulbs, so they should never need to be replaced.

In regards to the improved sound when I upgraded from the SL-1400 Mk.2 to the SL-1210M5G, a factor that I didn’t mention was the upgraded tonearm wiring on the new deck.  Your new SL-1210GR will likely have even better tonearm wiring than my 2010 vintage model, so that could contribute to improved clarity and detail retrieval.

Let us know how the experience goes.  Pictures are not required, but we do like to see them.  Small files, like under 500 kB, look just fine onscreen, and load much more quickly than big files.

Welcome to the Forum!

Last Thanksgiving, I sold my Technics SL-1900 that I had since 1977 to a co-worker. I was wanting a new deck for some time and had my eye on the SL-1200GR. I placed my order on December 10, 2021 - The new deck was suppose to deliver at the end of December. It is now mid-January 2022 and still no deck. I am suppose to get a delivery update this coming week. I cannot wait for it to arrive.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 10:58 PM, 8 Ohms said:

Last Thanksgiving, I sold my Technics SL-1900 that I had since 1977 to a co-worker. I was wanting a new deck for some time and had my eye on the SL-1200GR. I placed my order on December 10, 2021 - The new deck was suppose to deliver at the end of December. It is now mid-January 2022 and still no deck. I am suppose to get a delivery update this coming week. I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Hey 8 Ohms . I was wondering if you received your new deck yet. I ordered mine a month ago and have heard nothing yet.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:32 AM, Dolph said:

Hey 8 Ohms . I was wondering if you received your new deck yet. I ordered mine a month ago and have heard nothing yet.

Dolph, Yes I did! She came in at the end of January. All in all about 7 1/2 weeks after order. My dealer said that they were getting in about 1 or 2 units every 10 days or so. Fairly easy to set up, just follow the directions carefully. I was able to procure a Dual 1229 vintage turntable while waiting for the SL-1200GR to come in, so now I am turntable heavy!

Good Luck Dolph - I'm sure yours will arrive soon. 

Edited by 8 Ohms
Speeling!