Five's Firmware Won't Update Correctly Apparently

dcisive

I'm a computer guy and have thrown in the towel trying to get the wonderful new Fives update for the EQ installed. The firmware upon inserting the USB Thumb drive lights up 2 lights blinking and NOT all of them as the instructions say will happen. But when use the "Updater" app after it did it's install download and installation process states that the speakers are updated. So moving onto the Klipsch Connect app it won't connect with the speakers to allow for the new EQ program to open up. I happen to KNOW that the Bluetooth of the speakers does in fact work because I can easily connect a app for music from my phone to the speakers without drama. I tried to re load the firmware, reset the bluetooth, reload the apps you name it. NO luck. The company is sending me a new pair under warranty but I can't believe it's not something strange and more simple to cure. Any ideas? Believe me I've re installed and uninstalled all I can to keep re trying to no avail. 

12 minutes ago, dcisive said:

The company is sending me a new pair under warranty but I can't believe it's not something strange and more simple to cure. Any ideas? Believe me I've re installed and uninstalled all I can to keep re trying to no avail. 

did you try doing a FACTORY RESET prior to installing  the Firmware   ?

I decided to NOT give up. Of course, I did the factory reset and reloaded everything multiple times to no avail. It turns out the way in was to go and get a new USB Thumb Drive that was a 2.0 standard (slower like was recommended in the instructions) as well as only 16gb instead of the 128gb type 3.0 I tried it with before. it went flawlessly with NO drama. The sound is amazing with the tweaking I did. I have the bass slider all the way down. The mid's are -5 and the highs all the way up. The rest of the tonal adjustment was with my SW100 sub adjustments to taste. Now finally the mids are not cloudy but clear and natural. The highs now have air and are not overdone believe it or not, and the bottom is solid and defined as could be. I'm thrilled.