Listening to some new to me YES albums

Fido

13 hours ago, Fido said:

just picked up Close to the Edge and Fragile to play on my new MOFI TT!!!

IMG_0723.jpg

can you  show us what it looks  like  from the Bottom ........and  with  the Platter Off , just wondering how the mechanical  parts are laid out - tx

1 hour ago, carlthess40 said:

I miss those days of going to see them play live. Those guys were some great ( and under rated) musicians

That's spot on!  They ALWAYS had fun both on and off the stage.  The mesh was there and they all loved playing for the masses.  Really getting sad now that we're all older.  

Beautiful table too Fido!  Great selections for the test run!  I KNOW it was cranked  :)  Enjoy brother!

IMG_0723.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

In no way were they underrated.  At least among musicians.  Close to the Edge, btw, is often the top and always in the top 5 of best prog lp's of all time.

I totally agree. I played a lot of Yes back in the 70s but somehow did not realize how incredible they truly are. The Yes albums bring me so much joy and sound incredible on my current system. Just WOW!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

In no way were they underrated.  At least among musicians.  Close to the Edge, btw, is often the top and always in the top 5 of best prog lp's of all time.

I am a Yes fan, but Close to the Edge doesn't do it for me.  I think their best album is Album.  Fragile is next.  After those 2, there's not a whole lot left. 

Of course 90125 is in its own sphere.  It, too, is a great album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I am a Yes fan, but Close to the Edge doesn't do it for me.  I think their best album is Album.  Fragile is next.  After those 2, there's not a whole lot left. 

Of course 90125 is in its own sphere.  It, too, is a great album.

I already had the the First Yes album and I also have 90125 on CD but did not have Fragile or Close to the Edge. I also have Emerson Lake and Palmer. For whatever reason I was just very light on my Yes Vinyl but that is being remedied now! Close to the Edge has Roundabout and thats a great classic Yes song!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Great band to break in the new cart!

& that is a nice looking plinth. 

That Mofi/Fender Precision Deck drew me in - just beautiful in person and the TT with the 10" tone arm, Cardas wiring and Ultratracker cartridge sounds fantastic. I am enjoying dropping Needle often!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fido said:

That Mofi/Fender Precision Deck drew me in - just beautiful in person and the TT with the 10" tone arm, Cardas wiring and Ultratracker cartridge sounds fantastic. I am enjoying dropping Needle often!

Join us (used to be me included) over in the vinyl thread sometime! Cardas in the tonearm... that's nice! 

Big YESFan here!

I'm one that actually tries, compares.. then has made decisions about funkified wiring. Advances & unknowns always stand to be a possibility. Some folks deny that!

Some of them are all around us here :unsure2: I think it is actually science and engineering with metallurgical knowledge to boot!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

That's spot on!  They ALWAYS had fun both on and off the stage.  The mesh was there and they all loved playing for the masses.  Really getting sad now that we're all older.  

Beautiful table too Fido!  Great selections for the test run!  I KNOW it was cranked  :)  Enjoy brother!

IMG_0723.jpg

Schweet. !!  A Fender TT.  😆

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 12:59 PM, oldtimer said:

I never knew that they where underrated ! always a great show.. toured all the time at one point... And able to catch them live every year... my favorite show was a.b.w.&h. with Tony Levin on bass...incredible show! then in the round for union...

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, parlophone1 said:

It is one LP disc, so there are only two sides.

You're right.  I have the one you have too.  I was thinking of one of their others.  A newer remaster lp.   I'll dig and come up with it for you.  I gave everyone in here a heads up though so it's in here somewhere.  I'll dig it..  (Puts it on his "To Do" list)  :)

• Like 1