Titanium tweeter for Forté II. Crites vs Klipsch?

attanasio666

1 hour ago, attanasio666 said:

Hello,

I am planning to change the tweeter diaphragms on my Forté IIs. I'm wondering if anyone know which is better between the Crites tweeter and the Klipsch titanium tweeter(from simplyspeakers.com)?

relatively the same , both are aftermarket parts  - I prefer the Klipsch Original part Number   127123 , same  cost as Aftermarkets / Klipsch TI diaphragms- Heresy - Forte - Cornwall 3-4    , Klipsch Part Number   127123

You can order the special part no 127123 from Klipsch through the SpeakerExchange - https://reconingspeakers.com/ 

• Like 2

Ive had both and really like the sound out of the klipsch drivers over the others, just a tad little sizzle from them after 40 or more hours of playing them.
The KI and some of the kpt lines used the titanium drivers and never had any problems with them. Sure people would ***** about blowing them, but when you do stupid things like have the power turned all the way up when you turn the system on is just stupid
If you use them and take care not to over driver them, then you in the sweet spot with them. If these are older speakers ( over 10 years ) I would replace the caps on the crossovers. That way you know that the drivers are only getting what they should be getting.

19 hours ago, attanasio666 said:

Hello,

I am planning to change the tweeter diaphragms on my Forté IIs. I'm wondering if anyone know which is better between the Crites tweeter and the Klipsch titanium tweeter(from simplyspeakers.com)?

I used the Crites titanium diaphragms for my Chorus II speakers. They were nice, but if I had to do it again I would use this brand. This brand was great in my Heresy speakers; much better than a titanium upgrade.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224152702930?hash=item34308acfd2:g:6jcAAOSwBF5d5TWS

• Like 2

Ive had both and really like the sound out of the klipsch drivers over the others, just a tad little sizzle from them after 40 or more hours of playing them.
The KI and some of the kpt lines used the titanium drivers and never had any problems with them. Sure people would ***** about blowing them, but when you do stupid things like have the power turned all the way up when you turn the system on is just stupid
If you use them and take care not to over driver them, then you in the sweet spot with them. If these are older speakers ( over 10 years ) I would replace the caps on the crossovers. That way you know that the drivers are only getting what they should be getting.
Thanks for the answer. I will actually upgrade and buy the ALK crossover.