RF-25: Are the binding posts replacable?

gsgleason

I just picked up some excellent condition RF25s, with the exception that someone broke one of the binding posts on each speaker.  Both the bottom left, actually. 

It appears that the post goes through the black plastic mounting plate and could possibly be replaced on its own.

I tried removing the next nut on the inside, but the little nut on the inside doesn't seem to want to loosen all the way.

Does anyone know for sure?

PXL_20220113_184752527.jpg

1 hour ago, gsgleason said:

Okay, yes they're replaceable since I was able to remove it, but it's not clear where to get OEM replacements.  I'm currently look at whole crossovers on ebay. 

OEM and replace the whole crossover - jeez, you are making this very complicated.  The stock parts are very cheap and you will pay top dollar to replace them with OEM.  Just buy an aftermarket post, if it is too thick you can drill out the hole to make it bigger. 

I am putting these in a pair of JBL L100s I am restoring.  They are on my table right now.  Nice posts and priced well but the post is not very long. 

https://www.parts-express.com/Mini-Insulated-Binding-Post-2-Red-2-Black-320-3375

You might be able to take these apart and just use the poses and ends. 

https://www.parts-express.com/Dual-Binding-Post-1-Red-1-Black-090-475

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Have Yo tried to contact Klipsch customer service? Maybe they can help, if You find that you can't replace the bolt, that is...

klipsch does not sell binding posts -  but they will  sell the crossovers if you have a Serial number of  a set of matching speakers

• Like 1

@RandyH

Those are similar but not the same.  If you compare it to the klipsch one the hex part is as long as the smooth round part.

Fortunately, I contacted an ebay seller who sells klipsch crossovers with the back plate attached, and he has some broken/bad crossovers that he might be able to sell me for cheaper.  😃

19 minutes ago, gsgleason said:

@RandyH

Those are similar but not the same.  If you compare it to the klipsch one the hex part is as long as the smooth round part.

Fortunately, I contacted an ebay seller who sells klipsch crossovers with the back plate attached, and he has some broken/bad crossovers that he might be able to sell me for cheaper.  😃

Broken Bad? Dang

18 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Just found this in one of my old trays. 

I have the matching black one too.

00BCDD82-B7D1-4A40-BE90-ECEA38FA1422.jpeg

That looks like the one, but I think that the OP was concerned that the RB25 post had two flat sides on the post.  I'd just drill it out if the plastic mounting hole had two flat sides and tighten the replacement on. 

The Partexpress ones also looked about the same.

• Like 1