oppo blue ray players

mopardave

6 hours ago, mopardave said:

Looking at used blue ray players for a theater room i'm setting up.  Are these two players any good?  Looking for good graphics and sound output, BDP-95 and BDP 103?   

These are fine reliable players that will perform very well.

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Be patient and wait for a 105 or a 105D. Definite upgrade across-the-board.

I second that but will be pricey.

Bill

11 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Be patient and wait for a 105 or a 105D. Definite upgrade across-the-board.

Still need to figure out which Klipsch subwoofer and rear surrounds to purchase for this room as well as the new Samsung 65", so looking for used at this point in the oppo player.

1 hour ago, NBPK402 said:

I just ordered a Panasonic UB820 which supposedly is as good with video as the  Oppo 203...new on Amazon $399.  It could also workout for a nice backup until you can find a Oppo for the price you want.

In addition to my Oppo, I also have a Panasonic unit, and it is excellent.

Btw, Oppo no longer supports their players, software or otherwise.

• Like 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

In addition to my Oppo, I also have a Panasonic unit, and it is excellent.

Btw, Oppo no longer supports their players, software or otherwise.

Buying used wouldn't be an issue with the oppo. What is a good model in a Panasonic to look for used?

33 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Buying used wouldn't be an issue with the oppo. What is a good model in a Panasonic to look for used?

Honestly, I don't know what your requirements are for inputs/outputs and other functions.  There are a number of models that may meet your needs, so I would recommend that you do some research to whittle down the list.  They are all very reasonably priced, and personally I would buy new.  JMHO

14 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Honestly, I don't know what your requirements are for inputs/outputs and other functions.  There are a number of models that may meet your needs, so I would recommend that you do some research to whittle down the list.  They are all very reasonably priced, and personally I would buy new.  JMHO

Thanks, i will do some more research.  Looks like just about any model oppo would be good.

@jimjimbo did Oppo put out a statement saying they won’t do any support? Their site still says to send them an email with information and they will attempt to help?  Hmmm, might need a backup plan.

@mopardave 4K bluray vs 4K pass through and up scale.  I use a 103 for 4K pass through and upscale to 4K Sony TV.  I use an external DAC so did not need a 105.