oppo blue ray players

mopardave

32 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Well, i'm not sure how these items all connect, but will be using a Marantz SR5007 with the Samsung tv.   So, not sure of my connects with these components.

Don't overthink it, very simple....

4K compatible Blu-Ray player HDMI OUT>>> To HDMI IN SR5007>>>SR5007 HDMI OUT to>>>4K compatible TV or Projector

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Don't overthink it, very simple....

4K compatible Blu-Ray player HDMI OUT>>> To HDMI IN SR5007>>>SR5007 HDMI OUT to>>>4K compatible TV or Projector

I prefer to take video straight to the monitor, and sound to the pre-pro or receiver.  Maybe not as simple, but functionally more direct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mopardave said:

Ok, how does the 820 picture quality compare to the 105? 

It’s not exactly possible or correct for me to make a direct comparison between the two as they are located in two different rooms, with different lighting situation‘s, and on different televisions.  Otherwise, I will say that they are both excellent and meet my needs perfectly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

It’s not exactly possible or correct for me to make a direct comparison between the two as they are located in two different rooms, with different lighting situation‘s, and on different televisions.  Otherwise, I will say that they are both excellent and meet my needs perfectly.

After all the reviews and help on here, I think the UB820 is the player for me.  I can buy new for under $500, so fits the budget nicely.  The ub820 had 2 hdmi out’s, so why can’t I run and hdmi out to the tv and another out to the marantz?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Both my tv and the AVR use ARC.  I guess either way would work fine.

I have decided on the Panasonic player as what i want.  UB820, but i see there is also a UB450 or 420. I will only be using this player for movies in a theater room using a AVR 7.1, so the audio needs to be top notch as well.  Think i'll start a new thread on this.    Thanks guys

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 9:18 AM, NBPK402 said:

I just ordered a Panasonic UB820 which supposedly is as good with video as the  Oppo 203...new on Amazon $399.  It could also workout for a nice backup until you can find a Oppo for the price you want.

The picture quality of the Panasonic is incredibly good on my LG OLED 4K 77". I sold my 203 for more than I paid for it used. The only thing I'm missing is the ability to play SACD's (5.1 and 2 channel), I only have a few dozen of those, so I have a cheap Sony 700 to take care of that in another input.

• Like 1

The picture quality of the Panasonic is incredibly good on my LG OLED 4K 77". I sold my 203 for more than I paid for it used. The only thing I'm missing is the ability to play SACD's (5.1 and 2 channel), I only have a few dozen of those, so I have a cheap Sony 700 to take care of that in another input.
I have a Pioneer bluray that I can play and rip my SACDs to.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

After all the reviews and help on here, I think the UB820 is the player for me.  I can buy new for under $500, so fits the budget nicely.  The ub820 had 2 hdmi out’s, so why can’t I run and hdmi out to the tv and another out to the marantz?
You can...you run the 1st hdmi cable to the TV, and the Audio only hdmi to your AVR.

The UB820 looks to be very nice.  The UB9000 looks even nicer, but out of my cost range.  I also see a 420 and a 150.
I read somewhere that the 9000 and 820 have identical video...the 9000 has better audio than the 820 (I believe the better audio is for stereo audiophile use(.

• 2 months later...