Klipsch Heresy Industrial Ported Tweeter upgrade

Futurist

I love these speakers with a subwoofer added... I have never heard Guitars, Synth, and vocals so up front..

But I do get ear fatigue... Will replacing the diaphragms from Critesspeakers.com help?.. Or maybe it could be the mids

that are giving me a head ache?.. I don't have the same ear fatigue with other speakers.. I will of course check to see which 

tweeter II have before ordering..

IMG_0600.JPG

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Futurist said:

I love these speakers with a subwoofer added... I have never heard Guitars, Synth, and vocals so up front..

But I do get ear fatigue... Will replacing the diaphragms from Critesspeakers.com help?.. Or maybe it could be the mids

that are giving me a head ache?.. I don't have the same ear fatigue with other speakers.. I will of course check to see which 

you're gonna have to show us some pictures , to see the Year and model of these Heresy Industrial speakers-

,if  you're getting a headache , it's either that you're playing these too loud   OR YOU'RE TOO CLOSE TO THE SPEAKER  , lower the Volume for 1 or keep  a few feet further away from the speaker -

ear fatigue should mean HIGH DECIBELS  , and any klipsch Pro Speaker can hit 110 Decibels  or more -

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Futurist said:

These speakers are dialed all the way up on the mid and tweet same as the Klipschorn and La Scala so they are not balanced with the woofer very well. I experimented with a pair a few years ago adjusting the taps on the horns for a better more even balance drop the taps down to type B Cornwall settings you'll need to replace the 8uf cap with a 4uf cap. Not too hard to do and easy enough to reverse if you don't like the sound.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Futurist said:

IMG_0600.JPG

these are the HIP , so yes these can get very----- very loud  , replacing the tweeter diaphragms  would be sad here cause these are the K-77M tweeters  , and you have the Original diaphragms which are unobtanium and very high quality  , the Midrange is the K-55V which is one of the best midrange drivers out there  ,   you can lower the taps on the crossover by 3dB for the HF drivers  , that should tame it down to be more comfortable .

• Like 1