Klipsch forte rear passive radiators

Pazarama

@Pazarama if you  do  find  tags inside your Forte speakers and you still wish to  purchase the Original  Passive Radiators parts From klipsch USA ,  Call /Email the Department that refused to sell  you the parts  while adding pictures  of the Internal Tags   , and Ask if they can consider these as Proof of Ownership  rather than  the  Required Serial numbers  , if you need  Help , PM   @001  , I believe these Parts are currently on BO .

just to clarify   ,   klipsch does not have "Original" Passives Radiators for forte2   ,    they only have the forte3/4 with the foam or rubber surrounds that will function but are cosmetically different than originals.   

Anyone  looking for Klipsch  Forte passive woofers  as  well as the Chorus passive woofers , You can reach out to Klipsch Parts  or through the various  Authorized  Klipsch  parts sellers on the Web -

klipsch will only sell them   if you   have a serial   number as previously mentioned   ,   & they are not the original looking passives with fiber surrounds  ,   they have the rounded foam surrounds like the forte3/4. 

Really dumb question here.  How to you specify a passive radiator? 

Can you just get a K33 or equivalent and remove the magnet and driver?  Is that close enough to work?

Or even a cheap speaker like this? 

https://www.parts-express.com/GRS-15PF-8-15-Paper-Cone-Foam-Surround-Woofer-292-415?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9-2D16rL9QIVSh6tBh2Sig4gEAQYASABEgJEMvD_BwE

The Serial Number requirement has been in place for several years with Klipsch Parts  -it's even stated on the order Forms online   from Klipsch Dealers , this Policy is in place to avoid selling Klipsch Parts for DIY .

https://reconingspeakers.com/ , here's an example of a klipsch K-33E ,  I had posted Months ago  , 1  Serial number per item must be entered in a Blank space  .

https://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/klipsch-k-33-e-woofer-121501/

Original Klipsch K-33-E 15″ Woofer #121501 for Klipschorn, La Scala, Cornwall

Cabinet serial number required for purchase*

Serial Number *

Original Klipsch K-33-E 15" Woofer #121501 for Klipschorn, La Scala, Cornwall quantity

16 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Can you just get a K33 or equivalent and remove the magnet and driver?  Is that close enough to work?

https://www.parts-express.com/GRS-15PF-8-15-Paper-Cone-Foam-Surround-Woofer-292-415?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9-2D16rL9QIVSh6tBh2Sig4gEAQYASABEgJEMvD_BwE

Cone material should not make much difference, proper weight, enough travel and sealed dust caps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I believe that you have  to match  the  weight , as per , the Original passive woofer for tuning  , and ,  to use the Cheap Speakers , you would also need to remove the VC

• Klipsch Employees
On 1/23/2022 at 12:26 PM, 001 said:

@Pazarama if you  do  find  tags inside your Forte speakers and you still wish to  purchase the Original  Passive Radiators parts From klipsch USA ,  Call /Email the Department that refused to sell  you the parts  while adding pictures  of the Internal Tags   , and Ask if they can consider these as Proof of Ownership  rather than  the  Required Serial numbers  , if you need  Help , PM   @001  , I believe these Parts are currently on BO .

That should work. If not contact me. 

• Klipsch Employees
On 1/23/2022 at 1:38 PM, EpicKlipschFan said:

just to clarify   ,   klipsch does not have "Original" Passives Radiators for forte2   ,    they only have the forte3/4 with the foam or rubber surrounds that will function but are cosmetically different than originals.   

They should still work. Yes they are cosmetically different. 

• Klipsch Employees
4 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

If the resonates at the proper frequency then it could work. 

• Klipsch Employees
4 hours ago, 001 said:

The Serial Number requirement has been in place for several years with Klipsch Parts  -it's even stated on the order Forms online   from Klipsch Dealers , this Policy is in place to avoid selling Klipsch Parts for DIY .

https://reconingspeakers.com/ , here's an example of a klipsch K-33E ,  I had posted Months ago  , 1  Serial number per item must be entered in a Blank space  .

https://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/klipsch-k-33-e-woofer-121501/

Original Klipsch K-33-E 15″ Woofer #121501 for Klipschorn, La Scala, Cornwall

Cabinet serial number required for purchase*

Serial Number *

Original Klipsch K-33-E 15" Woofer #121501 for Klipschorn, La Scala, Cornwall quantity

Correct but the tags inside the speaker help quite a bit. Ultimately I would be the one to approve the request 

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

They should still work. Yes they are cosmetically different. 

Working on my 9th pair. To be clear, my question is on Chorus II passives, and the best practice for replacing those. I thought this was the best time and place to ask.

Is it possible for you to share what modifications (add/subtract grams of weight?) would be necessary to make replacement FIII passives work for someone needing Chorus II's replacements. I could just put them both on a scale, but I still wouldn't know if they were meeting all of the other specs without an official statement.

Are the spiders the same in KD-15, KD-16? Only a weight change again? All other parameters the same? Does that mean better compatibility using KD-15 with an appropriate weight mod on Chorus II (rather than using the FIII replacement with appropriate weight mod)?

Doesn't the FII/FIII surround compliance matter in the same way the spider compliance would, making the old passives a better solution in any case? Accordion of old vs rubber of new.

Some time ago, there was some forum chatter that replacement KD-16's were coming back to Klipsch parts, but now that seems to have been bad info, as they continue to be OOS, and are un-orderable.

As always, I greatly appreciate your insight, input, and technical support on the threads. A mountain of misinformation can get wiped out with just a few of your words. Otherwise, a reply in PM is perfectly fine with me, if you prefer.

Chris.

• Klipsch Employees
3 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Working on my 9th pair. To be clear, my question is on Chorus II passives, and the best practice for replacing those. I thought this was the best time and place to ask.

Is it possible for you to share what modifications (add/subtract grams of weight?) would be necessary to make replacement FIII passives work for someone needing Chorus II's replacements. I could just put them both on a scale, but I still wouldn't know if they were meeting all of the other specs without an official statement.

Are the spiders the same in KD-15, KD-16? Only a weight change again? All other parameters the same? Does that mean better compatibility using KD-15 with an appropriate weight mod on Chorus II (rather than using the FIII replacement with appropriate weight mod)?

Doesn't the FII/FIII surround compliance matter in the same way the spider compliance would, making the old passives a better solution in any case? Accordion of old vs rubber of new.

Some time ago, there was some forum chatter that replacement KD-16's were coming back to Klipsch parts, but now that seems to have been bad info, as they continue to be OOS, and are un-orderable.

As always, I greatly appreciate your insight, input, and technical support on the threads. A mountain of misinformation can get wiped out with just a few of your words. Otherwise, a reply in PM is perfectly fine with me, if you prefer.

Chris.

Lots of questions. Let look into it. I will tell you the forte ii/iii/I’ve drone and chorus drone are the same build. Just different weights. I will find out. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Chris.

I second that!!  Thank you Chief bonehead.