Tor-X Screws in Reference Speakers

The History Kid

I must not be very good in looking for screws on the internet.  I've been wanting to replace some of the Tor-X screws on my older reference line with the copper ones that they're using on the new Reference line.  Apparently even finding the old black ones isn't being kind to me.  

The nomenclature parts gave me was:

1065784 - M3.5 X 20 CAP SCREW COPPER (THREAD FORMING, STEEL,)

Has anyone had any luck finding these around somewhere?  (Klipsch support was very adamant they weren't going to sell me any. lol)

56 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Has anyone had any luck finding these around somewhere?  (Klipsch support was very adamant they weren't going to sell me any. lol)

I searched and found almost nothing -- a few references to copper-plated screws, but nothing in the metric size that you cited and everything in bulk quantities. However, I did find this: DIY Copper Plating. Might get you there.

7 hours ago, jason str said:

Heard of Torx and Torx with the pin in center but never Tor-X. Something new or spelling error ?

If Ace or True value don't have it in stock they can normally get it.

I've heard them read out about 100 different ways.  I usually just say "torx", but at least three hardware stores around me will just look at you goofy if you say it that way. lol

1 hour ago, babadono said:

copper screws? = Marketing dept. run amuck.

Cool.  Nothing to do with my intention, but cool...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Like the marketing geinuses where I work. They said it'll be way cooler if we mask our circuit boards black insead of the green you see every f'ing where else. Problem is you can't see errors or broken traces now. Just stupidiity.

Yeah, but isn't black slimming?  So you can fit more of them in there.  Everyone knows that....(dumbazz!!)

:ph34r:

On 1/20/2022 at 6:18 PM, The History Kid said:

I've heard them read out about 100 different ways.  I usually just say "torx", but at least three hardware stores around me will just look at you goofy if you say it that way. lol

Spell it out for them. Looks like a star only different.

Help the store "folk" learn something that day.