Klipsch RP-8000F: How well does a Marantz PM7005 work with these sound wise?

SoundMuse

Hello.

I have a Marantz PM7005 integrated amplifier:  

60 W x 2 (8 Ω/ohms load)

80 W x 2 (4 Ω/ohms load)

As I understand, the two speakers are 8 ohms each equaling a total of 4ohms. 

The RP-8000Fs each are “up to 150w” each. 

Obviously, those are general numbers and there are other factors. I have pondered getting the mentioned speakers. I want great sound but I am also not on a perfection quest. With that said, I am also interested in other similar amps that are in a similar price range as my current Marantz (was) with the same basic features. Obviously, power output is a consideration. Basically the $1k-1.5k range. 

—no receiver 

—no A/V

—DAC such as the PM7005 has. I realize that it’s not stellar. 
—solid state

—I like the analog and source direct features that the PM7005 has

—I use a turntable, CD and computer/iPhone

—I’m not familiar about possible Bluetooth features and what they add to the cost. If basically nothing, I would consider. However, I am fine with some sort of usb, including usb-c

4 hours ago, SoundMuse said:

As I understand, the two speakers are 8 ohms each equaling a total of 4ohms. 

That's incorrect.  The only way connecting multiple speakers to an amp will change the ohm load is if you connect multiple speakers in series or parallel.  Plus, the ohm load from a speaker is not linear so that's why you'll commonly see things like "8 ohms nominal" or "8 ohms compatible".

Marantz pairs very well with Klipsch.  I think you'll really enjoy the combination.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoundMuse said:

I have a Marantz PM7005 integrated amplifier:  

60 W x 2 (8 Ω/ohms load)

80 W x 2 (4 Ω/ohms load)

It seams to test much higher than spec.  You should be good to go.

Marantz PM 7005

According to the manufacturer's specifications, the predecessor - PM7004 - had a much higher power than the new PM7005, which, at least "in papers", looks modest, because what is 60 W into 8 ohms and only 80 W into 4 ohms. However, the power of the tested unit is much higher, reaching 86 W at 8 ohms and as much as 121 W at 4 ohms - when one channel is driven; two channels driven simultaneously also look good - respectively 2 x 83 W and 2 x 109 W.

Bill

Thank you very much Bill (Willland) and Wuzzzer. I am not sure how to respond to you separately or if you will see this. I had this figured out before but it does get confusing after I don’t have to deal with it in a long time. I am very familiar with matching Bass amp heads with speaker cabs and that’s the series/parallel concept of change of impedance. In that case, two separate channels would be a bi-amp situation which I have not used in a long time. I have amps that have a couple channels in combining to output as one. Obviously, I have some significant ignorance. I love (re)learning though! 

I looked at the 7004 and it’s interesting to compare them. I have also looked at the Marantz PM8006 and I’m not sure that it would be fruitful to upgrade. I’m not looking for super loud but hood sound. Besides, that much extra power wouldn’t be that much louder would it? Of course the gamut of frequencies when compared to bass and it’s perception. 

IF you or anyone cares and has time, any comments concerning the PM8006, including new/better features aside from power difference—even the DAC and other concerns including phono?