Is there too much power

Avichay

I am thinking of purchasing unison research unico 90 and connecting it to my Heresy klipsch.

in the future I will upgrade to klipsch Cornwall

I'm interested in this amp because it's a hybrid and I like the connection between tube and solid
the thing is that it’s 100 wat and I’m afraid it will be too much 

and another thing, is that a good  combination anyone here has experience with?

100 watts on a Heresy should be fine.

At the moment I'm experimenting with a true all digital through-put front end with a tube power amp. Not quite the same thing as the hybrid you're using. There are very few tube amps that I'm satisfied with regarding bass. And I'm a bass player. But that's just my preference and always has been, even in pro bass amps.

As always, if you hear distortion or stress in the system, turn it down. I always keep a sound pressure level meter near me when listening, not just for my ears but also so I have some idea of how much power I'm using especially when using low-powered amps.

The other thing to remember is any amp can be driven beyond its rated power. Amplifiers are "gain" devices. The output is relative to the input. The so-called "volume" control is actually a gain control. In other words, with enough input, the amp can reach full rated output, or more, even though the "volume" control is at a low setting.

• Thanks 1

You should be fine. I run a pair of Bogen MO100 mono blocs through Heresy I's with no problems at all. Those Bogen's are 100 watts per channel!  Those are tube watts not those girly man solid state watts.

• Haha 2

Well sure a girlyman can easily lift a 165 watts ss amp, but it takes a manly man to lift 200 watts of tube power.  Here's Andre the Giant congratulating me after I did such an incredible feat:

AndretheGiant.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Pic was taken in Baltimore, probably in the early 80's. I'm 6'2", probably 180 or 190lbs at that time,  and my hand almost competently disappeared when I shook his.

A buddy of mine, a former aide to Vice President Mondale, turned wrestling promoter, led me backstage for a solo meet right before he went out to wrestle. My buddy's wedding was was really interesting. He had at least a half dozen pro wrestlers there.

They carried the bride around the room on their shoulders, quite easily I might add.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re a tall dude, Thebes.  Something looked wrong to me in the photo, because I knew that André was a very tall man, but he didn’t look that much taller than you.  Thanks for sharing the picture.  It would have been an honour to know him.

Did you know that André the Giant wrestled across Canada for years before he moved to the US?  He wrestled from the Maritime Provinces to Thunder Bay in Ontario, with annual trips to the Calgary Stampede.  Some American bios of him omit those years, implying that he went straight from France to the US.

Sorry about the thread hack, but...Around that same time I was entertained by "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan (USA, USA!!!) breaking a 2x4 across Andre's back in the ring (Portland, OR)...oh, the inhumanity!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hacksaw+jim+duggan+vs+andre+the+giant&view=detail&mid=AB15AFB69B41A028DCF3AB15AFB69B41A028DCF3&FORM=VIRE

• Haha 1