FS EV DH1A drivers and EV HP640 horns

tromprof

For sale are three Electro Voice DH1A 2 inch exit drivers and matching HP640 horns. All drivers have stock EV diaphragms. Two of the drivers and horns are painted "antique bronze" from when I used them on top of my Klipschorns, the third horn is wrapped in a dynamat like product. I have found these drivers and horns to be a wonderful combo and still have a pair in my basement theater. They can be used on a Klipschorn/Belle/LaScala with only a slight modification to the stock passive crossover.

$200 each for a horn and driver combo, or $500 for all three. These drivers are crazy heavy and the horns are not small so local pickup (Cincinnati area) is prefered.

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, absolve2525 said:

Great looking and sounding horns! I have a similar pair myself. GLWS

I was very happy with these both on my Klipschorns and Quarter Pie bass horns. They got replaced by K402s which are in a different league in every way (sound, size, and cost). IMO its hard to beat these anywhere close to this price

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:42 PM, tromprof said:

$200 each for a horn and driver combo, or $500 for all three. These drivers are crazy heavy and the horns are not small

Great deal. Those drivers outperformed my big JBL's when I measured them. Also those EV drivers were used by John Pope for a PhD thesis, proving to PWK that Tractrix horn could be made shorter than exponential horn. Also Roy measured mine in the chamber in Indy and said they were very good drivers.

This is a steal for anyone who wants a super low distortion sound.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I have the DH1A on some HP9040. Pictures can't show how large and heavy these drivers are. 

GLWS

true but can give a semblance of size for a DH1A next to my car keys

51835733185_222bc0ba3f_o.jpg

Edited by charok
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, tromprof said:

I was very happy with these both on my Klipschorns and Quarter Pie bass horns. They got replaced by K402s which are in a different league in every way (sound, size, and cost). IMO its hard to beat these anywhere close to this price

I agree. If you can't afford K402's (I'm on my 3rd pair), then this will work great for you.

On 1/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, avguytx said:

Were these used as a midrange for your Klipschorns or as the whole HF section? I sometimes think I want to build a set of Jubilee clones and don't have room for 402 horns because of the sloped ceiling upstairs. 

I used them as midrange on my Klipschorns but they can be used in a two way as well. That is how I have them in my basement theater. My side channels are quarter pie bass horns with the EV combo doing everything above approx 400 HZ.