AW 650 incoming voltage requirements

Pastor Jim

6 minutes ago, Pastor Jim said:

Thank you, Captain Beefheart! Someone said we'd "fry the speakers" if we just hooked them straight up. But isn't the incoming voltage controlled by the sound mixers outputs?

If your amplifier is a 70v constant voltage output your speakers wouldn't be happy with a direct connection, you cannot just directly hook it up to a normal 8 ohm speaker or damage will most likely ensue.  If it's for just vocal PA uses and very light music then you can purchase the one I linked above. It sounds like you may be pushing music though these with the same system? If so and you plan to want to be able to crank the speakers to louder music volumes then you might want to get a higher powered one like this:

https://www.parts-express.com/70V-100W-High-Power-Line-Matching-Transformer-300-225

Yeah, we push some healthy music volumes from the live band in the sanctuary. These will be going in the foyer so sound quality is important. Thank you SO MUCH for your helpful input and suggestions, my friend! May God bless you richly for your service to His Church! Pastor Jim

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pastor Jim said:

Yeah, we push some healthy music volumes from the live band in the sanctuary. These will be going in the foyer so sound quality is important. Thank you SO MUCH for your helpful input and suggestions, my friend! May God bless you richly for your service to His Church! Pastor Jim

Ok then I suggest purchasing the 100 watt transformers, it will sound very full and detailed with those transformers as they are rated for full power between 40-20kHz which is really good, you will be very happy.

God Bless you and your whole congregation and enjoy the music!

• Klipsch Employees
On 1/24/2022 at 4:14 PM, Pastor Jim said:

Can I wire our Klipsch AW 650's directly up to our church's 70.7v distributed sound system, or will I need a step down transformer to bring it down to 25v? Thx! Jim

No you can’t. Aw 650 do not have a step down transformer. The ca-650’s do. You can buy 60 of 100 watt transformers from klipsch that will not degrade the sound.