Wanted: Cornwall iv input plates

Thunderball

31 minutes ago, Thunderball said:

Anybody got some spare input plates for new Cornwalls or Heresies for sale?  I think they are the same dimensions. 

you own a CW IV  , why not use the input plate that's part of the speaker .

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

What are you trying to connect to them?

A decent set of binding posts that will not spin when you tighten up the speaker wires.  These type binding posts have a key that locks into a slot on the terminal plate that keeps it from spinning.

Edited by Thunderball

Thread locker wont help.   The plastic piece spins inside the hole in the input plate.  The Klipsch plastic bushing / washer is smooth all the way around.

Aftermarket posts have a key that locks into the keyway in the plate and keeps the post from spinning.  The post is also squared off to lock into the bushing.  The Klipsch is a perfect circle and smooth.

Klipsch Post.jpg

PE Post 1.jpg

Plate.jpg

PE Post 2.jpg

PE Post 3.jpg

back plate.jpg

Edited by Thunderball

14 hours ago, Thunderball said:

A decent set of binding posts that will not spin when you tighten up the speaker wires.  These type binding posts have a key that locks into a slot on the terminal plate that keeps it from spinning.

I started using Banana plugs on everything years ago.  Makes life much easier and they have a good mechanical fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunderball said:

The Klipsch binding posts are not deep enough for the banana plug to fully seat.

Plug.jpg

That is fine, there is plenty of mechanical seal there. 

I use bananas on several sets of Klipsch speakers.  Heritage, Palladiums and KG series.

If you are worried replace the post with deeper ones from Partsexpress. 

17 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

That is fine, there is plenty of mechanical seal there. 

I use bananas on several sets of Klipsch speakers.  Heritage, Palladiums and KG series.

If you are worried replace the post with deeper ones from Partsexpress. 

That is the plan.   New posts from Parts Express.

On 1/24/2022 at 8:57 PM, Thunderball said:

Because the holes are too small and they are not keyed

looks fine to me  ,  I would have called my Dealer and reported the issue and let Klipsch resolve the problem , these are brand new , under  Warranty , there is not supposed to be any problems over a Period of 10 Years  .

• 2 months later...

The binding posts were bought from Parts Express.  “Dayton Audio BPP-G Premium Binding Post Banana Jack Pair Gold - Part Number 091-620”

My friend and his friend did the work with a milling machine.   The holes had to be enlarged because the posts were a larger diameter than the Klipsch posts.  They also cut a notch for the plastic to engage so the posts will not turn in the plates.   The notch does not go all the way through the plate so there can be no air leak. (Probably wouldn’t be a problem because it would be real small and the speakers are ported and not sealed).

EF29E43D-4A8D-4205-86AE-CF10392243CD.png

• Like 1