surround speaker placement help needed

khanz

I've read the numerous threads on the topic and hopefully, this will be quick and easy for the gurus to address. Here is the situation,

9 ft ceilings in the main living room
Front right/left will be towers with the center laying horizontally below the TV
couch/MLP against the wall (cannot be relocated)
REALLY trying to install Atmos (front height) speakers

Trying to decide between the 2 options -

Option 1 -
install 2 front heigh/in-ceiling Klipsch CDT-5800 CII speakers (both speaker and tweeter are pivotable)
Install 2 RP500SA speakers as surround ( both at about 7'3") height besides the couch. One of them about 5' away, with the other about 8' away. (The AVR should be able to calibrate and compensate for the irregular distance). <-- This speakers height is something I cannot lower as it would become a walking hazard.

Option 2 -
install 2 front heigh/in-ceiling (Klipsch CDT-5800 CII) speakers (both speaker and tweeter are pivotable)
Install 2 side surround (Klipsch CDT-5800 CII) speakers in the ceiling but aimed at the MLP.

I've read the dolby recommendation trying to decide if the smaller speaker size (Klipsch RP500sa) placed closER to the recommendation is OK...
vs.
the larger (Klipsch CDT 5800 CII) speaker placed in the ceiling, but angled at the MLP would be OK....

I am leaning towards Option 1 as that separates the Atmos layer from the base layer (even though by just a couple of feet) but then also thinking if the larger (5800) placed in the ceiling but aimed at the MLP would compensate....

I understand both options are not ideal but those are the only two options I have...

Thanks.