My kilpcsh F300 tower speakers only produce horn the horn sound when hoop to my Sony DN1080 receiver the towers are brand new I hooked up my older F30 speakers and they didn't work either I hooked up some Polk tower speakers and they worked fine help plea

Pastor James

@Pastor James

Hi and welcome...

Make sure the metal jumpers are in place and tightened down.

InputDiagram.png

If you are not bi-amping the speaker and would just like to connect it traditionally, then you will need the two metal jumpers that came with the speaker. The metal jumpers are simply a conductive medium to carry the signal between the two sets of terminals.

When using the metal jumpers, you will only need to wire into either the top, or the bottom, set of terminals. You do not need to wire into all 4 terminals since the jumpers are carrying the signal to both sets of terminals. It does not matter which set of terminals you wire into; wiring into the top or the bottom is just fine.

Please note: If you no longer have the metal jumpers, or have misplaced them, you can use two small strips of standard speaker wire to achieve the same result. Again, you are just needing a conductive medium to carry the signal between both sets of terminals. The strips of speaker wire should be set exactly like the jumper bars are; black connected to black, red connected to red.

• Like 1