ProMedia 2.1 BT Left channel barely working

Shentar

Randomly the left channel on my computer speakers stopped working. I've checked all of the connections to make sure they are tight. I played with the Windows sound balance and if I turn everything to 100%, the right channel off and the left up to 100, and the speakers to 100%%, I can hear the left channel. Its faint. The balance of the two channels would be L 100 and R 5.

I opened the back of the subwoofer after reading about channel fuses blowing. I even bought the right fuses. Sadly, there are no fuses on the board. The design is different from those that I have seen that have fuses. 

Any other ideas for where the problem is. I do like these speakers and I would hate to replace them. 

Sadly it could be the control pod under that goes under the satellite speakers. Try plugging some earbuds into the pod and see if the lack of sound follows.  You can pull the pod out, open it up and see if anything obvious is loose.

• 1 month later...