Car Lovers....Sooooooooo

MyOwn

The boomers that are bidding them up to stupidity will die in the next 20 years.  The inheritors will decide the market after that.  Watching the televised auctions I am smh at what some things bring, but just look at who is buying.  Eventually, the real valuable items will remain as before the insanity, and the stupidity will subside to the baseline---Oh look, an old car.  Nicely restored isn't it?  

23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The boomers that are bidding them up to stupidity will die in the next 20 years.  The inheritors will decide the market after that.  Watching the televised auctions I am smh at what some things bring, but just look at who is buying.  Eventually, the real valuable items will remain as before the insanity, and the stupidity will subside to the baseline---Oh look, an old car.  Nicely restored isn't it?  

So you think the below will have value in the future?

B.jpg

The market will decide.  Imagine the family discussion.  "Of course we should hold on to granddaddy's joy that he loved so much he never even drove it."  "I know, let's hold on to it too and never drive it either."  "I agree, the bed could hold all of his baseball card collection too!"  BTW did anyone watch the latest episode of Hoarders?  Those people are so whack!  "Hey!  I need the money we can get from that truck to buy a pair of Jubilees."  What?  Speakers?  What is wrong with you?

"Aren't you late for a book banning meeting?"

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The market will decide.  Imagine the family discussion.  "Of course we should hold on to granddaddy's joy that he loved so much he never even drove it."  "I know, let's hold on to it too and never drive it either."  "I agree, the bed could hold all of his baseball card collection too!"  BTW did anyone watch the latest episode of Hoarders?  Those people are so whack!  "Hey!  I need the money we can get from that truck to buy a pair of Jubilees."  What?  Speakers?  What is wrong with you?

You are correct about the market....No on the hoarders....I'd rather watch Gene Simmons Family Jewels🍻

I like speakers, they can sit or you can play with them.  No gas to go bad, drained batteries, dried up seals, tires loosing pressure.  Owning a bunch of cars is way too much maintenance, plus messy to work on.  PITA. 

You can also enjoy your speakers, you cars can get you in trouble if you build high HP engines.  And you can work on them without getting dirty. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I like speakers, they can sit or you can play with them.  No gas to go bad, drained batteries, dried up seals, tires loosing pressure.  Owning a bunch of cars is way too much maintenance, plus messy to work on.  PITA. 

You can also enjoy your speakers, you cars can get you in trouble if you build high HP engines.  And you can work on them without getting dirty. 

I like this ^^^

13 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I think you forgot about upgrading your speakers. With mine I have had to replace the crossovers with Deans, the tweeters with Crites, the midrange drivers with Crites, and cover the wood with veneer and grill cloth. Also thinking about adding backs.

JJK

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JJkizak said:

I think you forgot about upgrading your speakers. With mine I have had to replace the crossovers with Deans, the tweeters with Crites, the midrange drivers with Crites, and cover the wood with veneer and grill cloth. Also thinking about adding backs.

JJK

Yes, you can work on these whithout getting grease on your hands.  A lot of the work can be done in your family room.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 4:38 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Don’t forget that you can enjoy your speakers in any weather or at any time of year.  Plus, you can enjoy them with as many people as feel like sitting or standing in the room, instead of just one, two, or three friends, as is the case with 2-seater or 4-seater vehicles.

You can store your speakers without needing to drain any fuel, coolant, or other fluids from them, and they don’t carbon up from too much low-power use, so no real need to blast them periodically, unless you count the need for blowing the dust and cobwebs out of your ears and brain from time to time.

• Like 1

Many of the vehicles that are in the high profile auctions like B-J, Mecum, etc. either move around among a group of dealers or in many cases, money never exchange hands and the car sales are fakes.

The EV move is still in it's infancy with many hurtles to overcome including consumer transaction cost, battery life and replacement cost, battery disposal and environmental impact of mining rare earth elements and other toxic materials used in the EV manufacture and recycling / disposal, not even to mention the over-hyped range by manufacturers and the grid infrastructure issues.   Unless there are substantial improvements in the above, and until range anxiety goes away to the point that the EV is on par with ICE vehicles, the EV remains a novelty of the well heeled.

Anyone buying a Tesla or a GM EV are Not presently eligible for a federal tax credit of $7500.  . GM and Tesla both already exceeded the 200,000 sales limit. Their cars are no longer eligible for tax credits.   

They hit 200,000 cars in 2018, at which point the credit was cut in half.... It fully expired at the end of 2019.

There's talk of a new credit, but it's still under debate in Congress right now.

The Ford Mustang Mach-E is the hot current EV which qualifies for the federal tax credit but dealers are adding up to $8k to the MSRP1

• Sad 1