Morning fun

jason str

Wake to a bunch of noise today, cats have a live mouse. Probably peed all over the living room during the catch and release game.  The younger male finally came over to show the prize.

Mouse looked pretty worked over, threw it out in the snow by the tail. Think I found the one of thier ways inside back in the corner there. Picked up some traps.IMG_20220129_112314429.thumb.jpg.f5f9faf896ec9ea25897f2f24a3ab913.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jason str said:

Wake to a bunch of noise today, cats have a live mouse. Probably peed all over the living room during the catch and release game.  The younger male finally came over to show the prize.

Mouse looked pretty worked over, threw it out in the snow by the tail. Think I found the one of thier ways inside back in the corner there. Picked up some traps.IMG_20220129_112314429.thumb.jpg.f5f9faf896ec9ea25897f2f24a3ab913.jpg

you threw their kill out...

if you let the cats out, don't be surprised to find the frozen "carcass" back in the house. Mine had a dead bird that I threw out many times, until I tossed it into a cactus. The cats were mad at me for a couple days.

• Haha 2

Steel wool and foam around that. Shouldn’t be able the chew through. I used to rent an old farmhouse built in the late 1800’s. We would trap dozens of mice until I started using peppermint oil on cotton balls. Make sure it’s pure peppermint oil, soak the cotton balls and put them anywhere you see activity. It completely took care of the problem. 

• Like 3

I used to put a little cloth sack with a string or wire and 2-3 moth balls into the exhaust pipes of my winter stored classic cars.

Toss a few underneath the car and a few inside on the floor. Never had a squirrel problem like some of my neighbors.

Cheap to try. Could work for mice.

Poor Moths. 😢

• Like 1